This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedswitch & accuair vu4 vs. speedswitch & 1/2" valves

so i decided that i am going to use a speedswitch, but i'm not yet decided on valves.
    i like the ease of the vu4, but how much faster would 8 1/2" valves be over the vu4? i'm thinking it's quite a bit and with the speedswitch i could always slow them down. so there for i'm on the fence.

build thread?

I think you mean switchspeed, also that along with the manifold deffinitly fills and dumps fast enough, most people always start out with fast fills/dumps then slow everything down a lot, also it will be a much cleaner install with the vu4 rather than 8 1/2" valves
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I would go with the manifold for ease of installation and cleanliness... besides if youre not running 1/2" everything else there is no point in running 1/2" valves... search youtube videos of 1/2" and 3/8" set ups, I am sure you will find 3/8" to be plenty fast.

Comment

Just plumb pressure to both inlets on the manifold. The VU-4 comes with a plug so you only have to run one pressure line to the manifold, don't use it. Steph wanted some speed from the system so adding the extra volume from two dedicated pressure lines will help lift the car faster when you're filling.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
          Just plumb pressure to both inlets on the manifold. The VU-4 comes with a plug so you only have to run one pressure line to the manifold, don't use it. Steph wanted some speed from the system so adding the extra volume from two dedicated pressure lines will help lift the car faster when you're filling.
          that sounds like the way i'm going to go.

build thread?

Comment

Working...
          X