Lowering my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering my truck

Ok I got an 85 Dodge Ram, Im looking to lower it as far as I can. But I havnt been able to find any lowering springs/coilovers or anything for my truck. Anyone know of good sites or companies I can find them at.
    If you cant Dodge it, SLAM it.

www.airbagit.com Look under lowering coils/spindles/etc. Ignore all the bag stuff.
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Yea, they got everything I need for the rear end but nothing for the front.

Comment

Odd. Im not too keen on Dodge, so Im not sure if you can use springs from a newer model. Id need to see what your spring perch and spring bucket look like.
        | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Ill take a picture tomorrow with my wheel off and post it up

Comment

The front of the Dodge is pretty close to the newer Ford setup, if I recall correctly. DJM Performance makes drop spindles and I believe springs for the Rams. Even if they don't list specifically for '85s, it all fits up to '93. Depending on how low you're going you can either mod the upper spring perch to get low, or swap to a coil-over shock type setup. A small C-notch in the rear with a 3- or 4-link setup will do you well. From there its finding wheels wide enough without garbage offset to flush-up with the fenders.

The old BreadBox Dodges look good on their nuts. It's been an idea of mine to have a static 1st Gen Cummins Duallie extended cab, or a 4-door crew cab if I can find them for a decent price.
            - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

DJM should have it, they had parts for my '94 dodge

Comment

can't wait to see this one:

Comment

Working...
                X