No announcement yet.

More lowering on rear. How to? BMW e46.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More lowering on rear. How to? BMW e46.

Hello, everybody!
    I have a problem Just dropped my E46 by coilovers. Have no questions about front, but in rear its awful. Put it on max low, but it still very big clearance.
    Tell me please how can go lower on rear.

Take out the adjusters and rubber caps

Comment

I can't understand this: it must be -40-70mm. As i said, adjusters are max low, and i even put out smaller nut from adjuster. All this made rear go no lower than -30mm from factory clearance.

Comment

Rip those adjusters out totally, you don't need them. Just sit the spring on the standard rubber cups or take them out too for extra lows.

Comment

Ok. Lets think, that i'll do that. All this will give me no more than -20mm. May be my rear springs are too big? But i've seen photos of e46 coupe on similar coilover kit (raceland), it sits pretty nice. So i think that problem not in springs/adjusters.

Comment

What is the wheel / tyre size?

Need pictures to understand more.

Comment

Sorry, i can't tell my thoughts that way, to be understood enough. tyres are 205/55 16. New wheels are waiting to install, 205/40 17.
              But not in wheels trouble. Front of car i've put max low too. It sits good, i think more than -70 as was promised. Can't understand why -70 in front and just -20 in rear?

Comment

We need pictures. Take photos of all of your rear suspension. Someone should be able to sort you out quickly once we can see what's going on.
                StatusRacing.com
                Configure YOUR Seat Here
                Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                Email: sales@statusracing.com
                Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Thanks to all. The problem was in rear springs. they are short, but have thick coils. Put other springs with thin coils. Now rear looks good)))

Comment

Working...
                  X