Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E36 front ARB droplink issues - due to lowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 front ARB droplink issues - due to lowering?

I feel like such a noob asking this, but my E36 Touring has been making some rather nasty noises of late, and I'm pretty sure it's the front droplinks, and I'm wondering whether anyone has had similar issues.

I've got Eibach ARBs, Meyle HD droplinks (exactly the same as standard, just stronger), and as you can see on my build thread I run fairly low nowadays.

I've lowered it more since fitting the new ARB and links, though not by much, but I never had issues with the old setup. Basically, rather than sitting upright like this I I, the links sit like this \/, almost like the ARB is too long. Yet I'm pretty sure it's not... It looks like it's really stressing the rubber and the ball joints. This is them, though you can't tell here, and it's worse when it's on the floor.

The answer, I think, is something like this (it's a Nismo item for a 200sx I think), but a rosejoint isn't really practical for day-to-day use, probably won't last long at all.

Anyway, what I was really wondering is whether anyone has ever had any issues like this on slammed E36s? I can't seem to see anything on the net, so thought I'd ask here first. If not, it'll be off to Morley's for a better look underneath.

Cheers,

Ben
    S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Random E36 parts collection for sale - click here!

ive never had problem with my e36's sway bars, tho ive always bin on stock ones. *
    tho can you switch it to the other hole in the bar? will that do any difference?
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

i moved it to the other hole yesterday and regreased both the ARB and lower arm bushes. Seemed fine for about 5 mins, then went back to clunking. Arrg!

The droplinks are still sitting pushed out and forwards, I've got another idea but after that I'm stuck
      S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Random E36 parts collection for sale - click here!

Comment

Working...
      X