Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic Request: E36 with NON-M bumpers stanced on 18"s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic Request: E36 with NON-M bumpers stanced on 18"s.

Yeah, as the thread title states, I'd like to see some pics of an E36, sedan preferrably but will take any body style, stanced on 18s without the m-bumpers, i.e. running the stock BMW non-M bumpers.

I think I've finally settled on either bagging the car if I stay with 17s or going with 18s and staying with coils. However I can't for the life of me find any decent pics of a non-m bumpered car on 18s.

Anyone have some?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Interested to see this

Comment

I finally found some myself.

On a Ti though, not really stanced though, but looks good nonetheless.

It does look good... just not really low enough for my tastes. Nonetheless, I think the look has got potential and could be pulled off really well if stanced properly. I think that's gonna be my project next year, stancing 18s without M-bumpers. If I can't pull that off to my satisfaction, I can always get bags later... or go over to the dark side and get M-bumpers.

Comment

Found another one. At least I think it's on 18s... they might be even bigger?

Here as well, it does look nice but I don't think it looks quite low enough.

Any other opinions on this?

/edit:
        Almost positive they're 19s now.

But Mikey just told me his E36 had 18s on em... why did I never know those were 18s? Everytime I ever saw this pic I thought they were 17s, lol.

Last edited by Dr.AK; 06-15-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I don't think the M-tech bumper is any more than an 1" or so lower than the non-M bumper. Just different shapes.

Comment

It's not even that much lower, but add a lip and splitters to an m-bumper and you have a drastic height difference.

Besides it's not really the height I'm looking for but the general look, see if the more toned down look of the non-m bumper suits big wheels such as these. I know it will look awesome slammed on 17s, but what about simply a nice stance on 18s? But looking at that black one and seeing that it's on 19s makes me very positive that I can achieve the stance I want with 18s.
            Last edited by Dr.AK; 06-15-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

If you can add lips and splitters to your bumper you aren't low enough

Comment

Those aren't the same rims on Mike's E36 that you're used to seeing. I love the look of a slammed E36 on the non-M bumper, but I'm definitely more a fan of the M bumper.

Comment

I think these are 17" but it's still hot.

Originally posted by da3bous
                  I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Yes, those are 17s, I know that car - was actually my inspiration to stay with non-m bumpers, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                      If you can add lips and splitters to your bumper you aren't low enough
                      QFT. If I put my MV lip back on it would be sitting on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                        QFT. If I put my MV lip back on it would be sitting on the ground.
                        Hook me up with it. I have an idea.

Comment

Its broken babe, long gone

Comment

Working...
                          X