Need Help planning for more LO for E28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help planning for more LO for E28

I need more low, but I can't deal with the static height of coilovers. I want the ability to raise it to get over speed bumps, etc. Plus E28's look so good LOW.

I also intend to drop a V8 in it at some point and potential occasional AutoX and Track use. So I want good stuff.

I really like the look of RideTech RideProE3, with level sensors for active height control. I think I would want 2 compressors and tanks for faster high volume response.

I have looked quite a bit, but I'm not really finding anything standard in the way of a Bag setup for this car. I may not be looking in the right places.

As crazy as it is, I'm expecting that this setup/parts will cost as much or more than what I'm planning to upgrade to on my racecar.

Now if anyone in SD want's a Demo Car, I'm all for that too!

Bring on the advice!

Bueller? Bueller? Nobody has input on where to look for a bag kit for the E28? I've search and found a couple mentions, but can't really find any info anyplace.

Comment

Originally posted by 325racer View Post
      I need more low, but I can't deal with the static height of coilovers. I want the ability to raise it to get over speed bumps, etc. Plus E28's look so good LOW.

I also intend to drop a V8 in it at some point and potential occasional AutoX and Track use. So I want good stuff.

I really like the look of RideTech RideProE3, with level sensors for active height control. I think I would want 2 compressors and tanks for faster high volume response.

I have looked quite a bit, but I'm not really finding anything standard in the way of a Bag setup for this car. I may not be looking in the right places.

As crazy as it is, I'm expecting that this setup/parts will cost as much or more than what I'm planning to upgrade to on my racecar.

Now if anyone in SD want's a Demo Car, I'm all for that too!

Bring on the advice!
      No one actually makes a bolt on kit for the e28 so everything will have to be custom. We have a customer who is using the Air Lift Universal 75563's in the rear but they will need to have an eye mount welded to the bottom. He has an e23 but the rears are interchangeable between the two cars so you should be fine going that route. As for the fronts, you might be able to get away with a bag over coil setup with AeroSports and a MacPherson bearing kit. You might have to do some minor chassis modification but unfortunately there isn't really an easy way around this suspension.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Not the info I was hoping to hear, but kinda what I was expecting. Why are there no kits for E28? From what I see, I would expect it would be a somewhat popular setup.

Comment

Bump. Possibly looking into air setups for the E28 as well...any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by 325racer View Post
            Not the info I was hoping to hear, but kinda what I was expecting. Why are there no kits for E28? From what I see, I would expect it would be a somewhat popular setup.
            Yeah I know. Air Lift might start producing a few BMW lines, but there isn't really a time frame as of yet. Just some talk about it.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
              Bump. Possibly looking into air setups for the E28 as well...any updates?
              as Rali said, make your own with the lifestyles universal kit. you can either go all around with their kit or use the UAS aerosport up front and the 75563 in the rear. im 90% done with an e23. same geometry and setup.
              Last edited by NegativeCamber; 09-28-2011, 03:14 PM.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Working...
              X