Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ej2 Slamming problem

Hi
    I have K-Sport coilovers on my 95 civic coupe and can't get the car as low as I want
    Don't know how low they go, but clearly not low enough on the lowest setting.
    Anyone that know about any coilovers for my car that goes lower or is there any other solutions to my problem other than cutting the springs?
    nnutthowze

Did you take any collars out? I don't know much about full coilovers but I know you can gain some lowness by taking collars out or messing with the preload.

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Sry, i'm norwegian so my english ain't that good... Having a little problem figuring out what collars is. Could you maybe try to explain it?
      nnutthowze

Comment

It's Also Called a Perch:

Comment

Aah i see now, thanks! Any more tips?
          nnutthowze

Comment

Any1? I can use the same coilovers as a Civic Hatch if that helps anyone, and if someone has any tips for lowering a hatch it would be much obliged.
            nnutthowze

Comment

You can cut the tops of the srtut towers out, to allow the upper control arm to flex farther.
              Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
              Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

you can also spin the bottom mount around the other way if your coilover/car hub setup allows it.
                This gets you a whole lot lower.

From this:

To this:

with the flipped mount I could completly glue the car to the road.
                Those are XYZ coilovers, so similar to K-sport I believe.
                Last edited by Teknomaz; 10-29-2011, 04:48 AM.

Comment

I used to be the Director of Marketing and Media for Ksport, so I think I know the product...

Don't sag the spring. Your spring should be just snug enough that it can't jiggle up/down but it can be twisted around the shock in a circle.

You won't be able to flip your lower mount because of the design. If you had a 240SX, you'd be able to. Not on a Civic though.

You NEED the spring to be snug, or at the very most have NO MORE THAN 1/2" of play up/down. Once you start removing collars, you might end up w/ too much play. If so, then you need longer springs. Look at your springs, and write down the numbers on them. Call Ksport and talk to Chris or Eric. Chis knows more about stance but is often really busy. You can order new springs that are taller, and you'll be able to choose a different rate if you want. This will keep your suspension travel close to what it should be so you're not blowing shocks and/or bouncin' down the boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X