Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found some wheels on another forum, need some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found some wheels on another forum, need some advice.

Alright all, I've never heard of these wheels before, but they look like a good project wheel. They are Crimson Linea Sports in a Nissan fitment (5x114.3 16x8 +40). Here is a link to the F/S thread on r3vlimited:

I have a 1992 E30 Cabrio I'm planning on putting them on, obviously with adapters to fit the 4x100

Bottom line is, the guy wants $500 for them, I think they would look good, and I'd love to play around with finishes on them, but I need to know:

do these wheels suck?
    are they replicas (of like RSs etc)?

I guess it would be possible to rebuild them to a 3 piece and redrill to 4x100 to get more width and lip in the process, but that'd only be if I could find caps to cover up the ugliness of redrilling.

Anyway, just throwing that out there. Any opinions and/or advice is welcome!

PS: pic of the E30 for reference:
    1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
    2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
    flickr

anybody?
    flickr

Comment

Nice wheels at a fair price but add on adaptors - refurb - $$££??
      also the centre caps could be very hard to track down and you may be better off buying a direct fitment set ?
      search maverick wheels on facebook .. shiny shiny wide wide

Comment

Yeah that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I would slap them on with adapters and 204/45s and rock them that way. They are definitely sick wheels though!

Also would be sweet to keep them white. White on Laguna Grün... <3 Yes please.

Originally posted by Rion
        I have 4 cheater switches that fill things some people put groceries in that in return makes me a female dog in heat.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
          Nice wheels at a fair price but add on adaptors - refurb - $??
          also the centre caps could be very hard to track down and you may be better off buying a direct fitment set ?
          I was thinking this, yes. But after thinking about it I might not redrill them. Adapters are like $400 for a set right?
          Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
          Yeah that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I would slap them on with adapters and 204/45s and rock them that way. They are definitely sick wheels though!

Also would be sweet to keep them white. White on Laguna Grün... <3 Yes please.
          I'd probably do 20-25mm adapters and 195/45s, i like me a little bit of stretch lol. I'd only be putting these on after I get GC coils which will be about 6 months from now haha, I was just trying to decide if it would be a good idea to scoop these up now and let them chill in the attic until I get coils and adapters.

Thanks for the advice!
          flickr

Comment

I definitely wouldnt do it...

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
              I definitely wouldnt do it...
              definitely not.

if you want that look, buy rs. you most likely won't be able to find the center caps for them and after adapters you will not be spending much more to have a set of wheels that have a wider variety of lips, barrels, center caps, etc. to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                definitely not.

if you want that look, buy rs. you most likely won't be able to find the center caps for them and after adapters you will not be spending much more to have a set of wheels that have a wider variety of lips, barrels, center caps, etc. to choose from.
                my thoughts exactly. plus theyre not very aggressive and losing potential lip due to spacers/adapters sucks.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

I understand what you guys are saying. I really can't decide lol I might hold off for now and be patient. I'm so damn impatient, it's really a problem.
                  flickr

Comment

From what i've seen, those are OEM BMW wheels. Don't know if those have been manufactured @ BBS or something. They don't have a center cap, poor offset...but who knows..you don't know until you try it.

Some more info
                    Last edited by Kuroda; 08-06-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

hmm wonder what R33 GTR wheels would look like on an E30...
                        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Working...
                        X