Lower on BC BRs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower on BC BRs...

hey guys ive run into a little problem... i have a 2011 subau wrx im runing 17x9s and bc br coils i slammed my car as much as i can but i still have room in the front strut but its bottomed out in the back is there a way i can still go lower??? do i take something out or what??? thanks for any help in advanced

i dont know technicalities of BC BR coils but if you've maxxed out the adjustment on the bottom body adjust then the only thing you can do is wind down the spring perches a bit so it sags the springs and removes preload. It will lose shock travel though.
    Alternative to that is to get shorter springs with higher rates so even though you lose some travel you are less likely to bottom out on the free sagged springs since you have higher rates. Risk here is it raises the car since the springs are so hard :P

i had this shit with my Lexus on Insurance Group coilovers :P

Are you BC's the extreme low ones or whatever? because i believe that some BCs go lower than older ones did? you may need to trade up to newer ones or new coilovers that are made to go lower?

Comment

thanks alot man yea i found out i may need to just change my springs my coils are new... ill post up some pics when i get the new spring so0o u could check it out... thanks again

Comment

You could get the shortened shock bodies from BC - that's what's in the Extreme Low kit's.

Comment

remove one of the bottom collars - that will give you a 1/4 inch or so

Comment

Working...
          X