volvo coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volvo coilovers?

Was wondering if anyone knew where i could get coilovers for a volvo 740? Im in dire need of coilovers but can't find anyone that makes them. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    no sig

Make them your own, MVP Engineering used to sell the conversion kit, which was great, but the problem was the strut inserts were not short enough, so in terms you can't really slammed your car without riding on bump stops.

To make your own, find universal sleeve kits and simply grind the strut housings down and slide them over and trim the spring seats, you may also need to weld in a stop rings.

The rear is just easy, you don't even need adjustable spring perch, as I've never adjusted mine.

Here's my old MVP conversion kit.

and here it is on the 17" OZ Futuras that I had:

the ride was horrible as I was constantly on bump stops.

Then I spent the money and had custom coilover made up front with shorten housings, custom Koni inserts with camber plates, the kit was nice, but the experience with the vendor leaves a lot to be satisfied, so I won't name any names.

You can see the new one vs old one

and after

car rode great and everything, but it was expensive for what it is, the whole thing cost me around $2500.

Another option is shorten the strut housing yourself, run different inserts, I believe 240's and Saab inserts fit and are much shorter, but you may need to revalve them, and you can buy universal coilover springs with like 3 or 4" free length, and the same for the rear, you should be able to do that on the cheap for around $500 all said and done if you know where to look and have machines.

Good luck.

Comment

^Good info. I've heard that's the best way to go with Volvos.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

http://www.kaplhenke.com/-->going to get'em for my 240.Might have some 7 series stuff

Comment

Working...
        X