bumpstop or no bumpstop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumpstop or no bumpstop

I recently bought and installed vogtland coilovers on my b5s4 and am putting wheels on it and wanted to know if I should cut out the bumpstops before I lower it and get pissed that I can't lower it as much as I want.

So, basically I'm wondering if I'll need to cut my bumpstops out on my coilovers to go low...~22.5 front ftg and 23 rear ftg. thanks

pat

yes majority of aftermarket set ups tell you to cut the bump stop in half. you are (most likely) losing shock travel so you need less of a bump stop unless you want to hit it more and more often than it being shortened. don't ride without one.

OBK's Build Journal

Comment

^^X2^^ 1/2's bumps the way to go, GL post some pics of what you decide to do curious to see
      Just Here On Buisness.....
      How do you sign this thing anyway?

Comment

im running sts on my b5 and i cut myne down fairly short, may trim them a hair more just so the bottom is more flat/level but most guys say you need to cut them if you wanna go any lower than 24 gtf
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Before I saw someone replied to this thread, I went ahead and put the wheels on lol. Turned out well. Didn't cut the bumpstops at all. It can get bouncy if there are a lot of bumps consecutive but never runs or bottoms out at my height.

Lmk what you think

Comment

Currently 22.75 F and 23.25 R

Comment

Small pic is small, but it looks good from what I can see.
              StatusRacing.com
              Configure YOUR Seat Here
              Tel: 1.480.265.8600
              Email: sales@statusracing.com
              Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Looks good, glad to know those coils will go low and ride well, cutting the bumps might make it ride better
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Yeah not worried about it though. Rides fine. Not bouncy. Stiff and no rub. Just what I wanted. Probably won't cut them ever.

Comment

just to chime in, if I cut my bump stops down. I will bounce less in the front?

Comment

Only if you're riding on or near the bump stops which you really never should be

IG: @_olliee

Comment

are these the exact ones you have?

VW and Audi repair, service, performance parts, tuning & diagnostic mechanics. We are located in Miramar, San Diego & specialize in performance tuning, parts, service for these German vehicles.

Im looking into purchasing some myself for my Audi just don't know which to go with

Comment

Originally posted by ohhbekay View Post
                          yes majority of aftermarket set ups tell you to cut the bump stop in half.
                          This.

You need all the travel you can get.
                          Originally posted by E36BMW
                          You stay classy, Honda Ricers...

Comment

I've always cut all of mine in half.

Comment

Working...
                            X