Help with a 1992 Nissan Maxima SEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a 1992 Nissan Maxima SEL

So my grandparents upgraded cars and were selling off their 1992 Maxima SEL so I decided to take it off them to use as a daily for work.

Its one of those typical old people cars thats only done 89,000km (55,300 miles) with them being the only owners since new, gun metal grey colour, mint condition throughout.. Full leather, digital pad for keyless entry (elderly swag), electric everything, sunroof etc.

Anyway, i've been thinking I might tweek it a bit.. snow racks, slammed, stretch, 16's with poke. Ive been looking all over the net for some pics of examples of maximas to see what it would look like as im not 100% convinced it will look the part. Proving pretty difficult to find one the way I want mine to be like.

Has anyone here got one? Or can provide me with some example pics or even if you're bored and want to do some photoshop? I'll attach an image below as an example. (this isnt my one)

Help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by K-Soup; 08-03-2011, 07:32 PM.

Sounds like a clean daily. Sell it and use the money to get something worth modding.

If you want to mod it someone here can probably do a photoshop to see what it might look like. I couldn't really find any pictures online of ones modded nicely, but I will keep looking.

As for wheels, nothing should be hard to find with the bolt pattern you have. Nice 5x114 wheels are pretty easy to find.

Last edited by Morbid; 07-21-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

"the stance showroom" couldnt be any more wrong for this garbage post and shit car

Comment

Originally posted by Kamoflewuage View Post
        "the stance showroom" couldnt be any more wrong for this garbage post and shit car
        Cool story bro.

Thanks for your help morbid.

Comment

If it's clean I think it's worth modding. I've always kind of liked those. They remind me of q45s/presidents

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Kamoflewuage View Post
            You couldn't be any more wrong for this forum.

Anyway OP, I love older Nissans like this, go for it man. This Maxima slammed on some newer factory wheels would look awesome IMO. When I see this body style Maxima it makes me think of b13 Sentras, and they look great slammed. Good luck.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
            yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

My mom used to have a white one. I've always wanted to see one slammed with good fitment; These seem like a pretty cool car to do it with. I remember seeing a picture of one in Japan that was low like the white one posted above, but with more poke. Can't find the picture anymore.

And please don't put a bike rack.
              |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
              Drama you are like god
              Originally posted by SwearBear
              Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

you lost me at your desire for roof rackage. get some sick wheels and drop it and call it a day. maybe a clean front lip if you can find one, or an exhaust if it's a 5sp
                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

I used to work with a dude who had a Maxima like this, and it was slammed. I almost bought it from him but went for a Civic instead, since his car had a ton of miles.

Wheels are going to be really easy to find. Some stock wheels from a 350Z/G35/370Z/G37 + slam it and you'll be looking pretty good, and it won't cost much.

Check this build thread for some ideas. http://forums.maxima.org/members-rid...axima-j30.html
                  Last edited by StatusRacing; 07-29-2011, 02:07 PM.
                  StatusRacing.com
                  Configure YOUR Seat Here
                  Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                  Email: sales@statusracing.com
                  Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for suggestions guys. Found these wheels for not a bad price:

16x8's with +0 offset, most likely go with them and some adjusties and leave it at that. Maybe a front lip .

I seem to be clocking up too many kms in my 5 series so im gonna leave it parked all day, this beast should do the trick!

Comment

Those wheels are definitely going to be unique on a Maxima, but idk if I like them. Maybe if they were powdercoated instead of polished?

Only time will tell. Gotta see 'em on the car 1st.
                      StatusRacing.com
                      Configure YOUR Seat Here
                      Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                      Email: sales@statusracing.com
                      Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Those look like truck wheels. But, I suppose it doesn't really matter if you don't care about the weight being an issue.

I'm interested in seeing this build play out though. I like seeing unlikely cars getting a dose of stance.
                        Pictars Here.

Comment

Lol na they arent truck wheels theyre for like oldschool ford falcons and mustangs etc. Definately would paint them I dont like the polished look. The car is gun metal grey in colour so yet to decide what colour I'd use. BEIGE with polished lip haha

Comment

So me and my mate took it to a carpark last night and then he photoshopped it for some ideas.

This is what we came up with. The car is meant to look rusty (its not a harlequin paintjob)..

Last edited by K-Soup; 09-21-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

eeww
                              Disclaimer:
                              I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Working...
                              X