Qatari Party II: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatari Party II: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Welcome back to the party! Not the Mario Party…the Qatari Party. Today’s specimen is a carbon-fiber-on-white C63 AMG.

In terms of engines, both the Qatari and US C63s are virtually impossible to tell apart. This specific AMG, however, came equipped with a bevy of carbon fiber exterior pieces and some aftermarket headers. This, of course, was not enough, so he brought it to us for a bit of an addition. In order to keep the heat down, we equipped it with a Snow Performance water-methanol injection system, a custom cat delete and an ECU tune. First up was the water-meth; as not many people have installed water-meth kits on their naturally aspirated C63s, it was a setup that required some time to sit down and think. Did we mention that Keller was there? Oh, well, he was.

Then we went to work putting everything together for the installation, after about an hour or so of theorycrafting on locations.

Somewhere in the middle was the cat delete, the pictures of which are…well…not back in the US. So, on to the tune! Tuning the C63 ECU is not for the faint of heart, shaky of hand, or first of timers. Precision and safety are the names of the game when you’re dealing with leads of this size…

Once the first flash was done, it was off to the dyno!

And the fun part commenced. So much fun, in fact, that some help arrived! Now it’s REALLY a Qatari Party! Did we mention Craig was there? Oh, well, he was. So were Hani (in the ADV.1 t-shirt) and Supeesh (with the most awesome hair on the planet). Thanks to whomever snapped these pictures, probably Supeesh, except for the ones with Supeesh in them.

Finally, in a Motor Union note, go sign up and come have some fun! Also, we changed the hours for the drivers’ meeting and the mandatory tech inspection. Tech lasts an hour (7:30-8:30), and the mandatory drivers’ meeting starts at 8:30. Helmet rentals are available, as previously mentioned, for $30.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Any chance of some dyno charts?
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

love these cars. thing must move with a proper tune
      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
        Any chance of some dyno charts?
        Only for the custom tune we did on a stateside C63:

Custom dyno tune with FMU midsection, Kleeman log-style headers, Evosport pulley. It's amazing how much power can be pulled out of these things. The dyno graph is just to show the pre-tune and post-tune numbers, not the incrementals of the build.

Originally posted by johnnykash View Post
        love these cars. thing must move with a proper tune
        Jesus yes. The speed that comes out of one of these is stunning, especially after the tune I mentioned above. It almost becomes an M5-beater after those mods.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
        I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Working...
        X