Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Benz - a massive change from the onezie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Benz - a massive change from the onezie!

So after a year of sensible, economic driving, ive decided the Bimmer onezie wasn't for me and it didn't really do anything for me either. With my work being almost 100% based at my new office at home, I have only done 7k in the last 13 months, so I think I can just about justify something a bit thirstier than the BMW.

I've wanted a CL for about 5 years, its always been my favourite Benz and one of my favourite cars full stop, and now im in the position where I can afford to runs and maintain one, it only seemed right to start looking into it a bit more.

After a few weeks of trawling I finally found an example that seemed to tick all the boxes, luckily enough from the same dealer I bought my old E320 CDi from!

So here it is, a 2003 (facelift model) W215 CL500 5.0 V8 with a list of extras as long as my arm including double glazing, extended leather dash, rear roller blind, self levelling suspension, full wood pack, keyless go and a whole load of other things i've not even discovered yet! it also has below average miles which is quite rare for these cars, so thats a bonus too along with the full stamped service book!

Here's a few shots of it after I took collection of it this afternoon:

Not really got much planned for it yet, just getting used to it to be honest but I want to sort out the AV in it so get a Video in sorted for the Comand screen and also get the phone sorted.

Im after some new wheels but probably not for a few weeks/months and also there is a kit that will sort out the suspension that im pretty in to!

Real nice score, looking forward to things and stuff

Comment

The words 'fuck yeah' were made for this thread.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I love it, even though it has already had a few minor issues, it's not enough to put me off it in the slightest!

Probably not going to do much at all for a while but hopefully i'll start throwing money at it by the end of the summer as it definitely needs some lows and something wider in the wheels department!

Comment

Finally got round to ordering some lowering links for the auto levelling suspension - it's far from right height wise, needs alot of tweaking - but i'd rather roll with it as it is for now until i get hold of some 19's/20's so i can then get it spot on!

Here's how it looks right now:

Comment

Been a while since i've posted on here, so thought id stick up a little update:

Had a bit of a play after Players today as i've decided to pull my finger out and get stuff done with this!

Took the front plate plinth off this evening to see how bad it was behind and it wasn't that bad! this is how it looks at the mo:

And how its sitting at the mo - still needs to come down but hopefully on some 19's by the end of the month!

Comment

Looks good so far im liking its lots
              Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

does look good sofar
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Cheers guys, things are going a bit slow with it as im getting used to the costs of running it. Im on the hunt for new wheels but im also on the hunt for a new dog, so i think the wheels might be on hold til later on now!

Comment

Blimey, didn't realise it had been so long since I last posted on here!

Well not much had happened for quite a while as I was saving up to drive around Europe and I also wasn't sure if I was going to keep it or not.

In the end my Europe trip fell through and I also decided to keep the car as there isn't much offering the same spec that stands out enough for me to part with it.

This meant I had some spare cash, which meant it was time to stop buying other stuff and time to spoil the car, so I did!

To cut a long boring story short, I saw a brand spanky new set of 19x9.5 et35 Rotiform BLQ's for sale at a great price, so I snapped them up! They were still in the original boxes with shipping notes from the states, they had never seen another car!

I then got some 235/35/19 and 225/35/19 tyres delivered, and got to fitting...

and this is how it all looks now:

As you can see, I had to adjust the height too, so now it sits nice and low when parked up and I also fitted 20mm spacers on the rear and 10's at the front.

Comment

I'm not sure those rotis do this car justice.

Comment

I can see what you mean, but I like them. I didn't want to do what everyone else does to these and whack on some big ugly Brabus reps or similar, and it's hard to find a wheel that hasn't been done that doesn't also cost the earth!

I've liked the BLQ's since they came out and really wanted to see how they could look on a car like mine with the right drop and spacing, so im happy to finally know.

Im probably going to leave it like this for a while, and then see what happens after the summer - nothing is ever permanent.

I'd like some genuine Carlsson splits in the future, but i'd also like to get a new car at the end of the year, so we'll see how it goes...

Comment

Fitment is good but i've never liked the BLQ's,

Still sitting good though .

Comment

I like it!
                            You've got a keener eye for elegance and restraint than most. I would be perfectly happy with it like that if I were you.

Comment

Ah looking spanking man. I wouldnt have choosen those wheels but i personally think it looks good

Comment

Working...
                              X