FMU Presents: Motor Union -- Autobahn Country Club -- August 19th, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMU Presents: Motor Union -- Autobahn Country Club -- August 19th, 2011

It’s been a part of our name since we started … so we’re finally bringing it to fruition. Motor Union — a union of motors. Up front, in the back, somewhere in-between, it doesn’t matter. If you’ve got a car or a bike, and you’re proud of it, we want you to have a platform on which to showcase it. That’s where the idea of Motor Union came from — too often, we’re stuck within narrowed-down automotive circles, and we don’t get to see the true range of fanaticism that exists outside of our own. This event is meant to be a gathering of automotive enthusiasts from every background, coming together to enjoy what we all enjoy separately. Not only is it a union of motors, it’s a union of like-minded individuals. It doesn’t matter if you bring it for the track or bring it for the show, it’s all about being outside on a nice day with fellow aficionados, doing what we all love to do.

This year, the inaugural Motor Union will be held at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL, on Friday, August 19, 2011. The event runs from 7:00am until well after sunset. Registration for the track event is $150 for both cars and bikes, and this comes with a maximum on-track time of 140 minutes, broken up into seven 20-minute sessions on Autobahn’s South Course. Registration for the show event is $50, and will include the chance to win one of several awards, with each trophy being custom-fabricated just for this event at Fluid MotorUnion’s Plainfield location. All of this will be taking place in the Autobahn’s main paddock, with a designated area for show cars, pit stations and vendor booths. There’s also going to be a sign-up for their High-Speed Kart track. Ladies have the chance to strut their stuff for the title of Ms. Motor Union 2011 and a $250 cash prize!!!!!!. As always, all spectators are welcome, too. You can now purchase tickets for both the show and track events at the following link:

http://fluidmotorunion.rpmware.com/f...k/g-63857.aspx

We've also got a few local vendors that will have booths at the event. Here are the confirmed vendors so far:

-BMW of Orland Park
    -Mercedes-Benz of Orland Park
    -StanceWorks
    -Bosch
    -Statewide Towing
    -Fluid MotorUnion Auto Parts
    -WorldPAC

ADDENDUM: The Tech Inspection Sheet is available here: http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/wp-co.../techsheet.jpg

The following list is the schedule of events in its current form. Changes might be made, but if they are, they’ll be announced so nobody misses it.

Event Schedule

7:00 - Gates Open - Vendors will be allowed to set up, along with track participants unloading and preparing pits
    7:30 - Tech Inspection - MANDATORY FOR ALL TRACK PARTICIPANTS
    8:00 - Drivers’/Riders’ Meeting - MANDATORY FOR ALL TRACK PARTICIPANTS
    9:00 - 1st Group Hits the Track
    10:00 - Car Show Line-Up - Participants line up in paddock in designated areas
    10:00 - Event Opens to Public ($10 Spectator Gate Fee)
    10:00 - Sign Up for ‘Participation Awards’ (Awards to be announced soon!)
    10:00 - Sign Up for Ms. Motor Union Contest
    12:00 - Lunch - Track activities stop
    12:00 - Ms. MotorUnion Contest
    1:00 - 1st Group Hits the Track Again
    1:00 - Sign Up for High-Speed Kart Competition
    5:00 - Last Track Session Ends
    5:30 - Awards Ceremony - Awards to be presented by the newly crowned Miss Fluid
    5:30 - 50/50 Raffle Drawing
    6:00 - After-Party Begins in Paddock

Here are some more pieces of information regarding the events schedule above:

- There will be three 20-minute sessions per hour, starting at 9 am and ending at 5 pm, with one hour-long break for lunch at noon.

- Two sessions will be cars (Beginner + Advanced), and one session will be for bikes (Advanced). This is tentative, based upon how many of each sign up.

- The session for bikes will consist of riders who can maintain an extremely fast pace, and participants should sign up accordingly. Passing will be allowed anywhere.

- Who can pass and when is currently being figured out for cars.

- As mentioned, tech inspection for cars and bikes will be mandatory at 7:30 am, along with the drivers’ meeting immediately thereafter. No exceptions.

- Tech inspection requirements will be available for viewing on this site shortly. For a quick heads up, though, you’ll need a Snell SA2000 (or better) full-face helmet, and rentals are available at the track for $30.

Ms. Motor Union : Ladies have the chance to compete for the title of Ms. Motor Union!!! [the $250 cash prize doesn't hurt either! ] Show off your brains and beauty with a little friendly competition! Ladies that want to sign up (or have questions!) please e-mail your name, age and the best way to reach you to ashley@fluidmotorunion.com
    Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Bump! If you're local, come on through!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Comment

so gonna be there, you guys gonna be at Another Level this Saturday?

I gotta finish my goddamn car

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Ostrowski View Post
        so gonna be there, you guys gonna be at Another Level this Saturday?

I gotta finish my goddamn car
        Mark,

We're trying, but we've got a lot of backlogged projects to finish for customers, so our own stuff will need to fall by the wayside. We plan on having a few at MotorUnion, and subsequently WekFest the next day, that much I know.

And we're looking forward to seeing you! More SW peeps need to get out to this; I only know so many of you from avatars and memes, haha.

And Oxer's going to be there! That should be a draw for anybody (or nobody).

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
          And Oxer's going to be there! That should be a draw for anybody (or nobody).
          that should be on the flyer.

I'm definatly going out there for the track event forsure with our 993, I gotta get a little further with the bodywork and get some parts powdercoated on my car, but if i can make it out to you guys in time to get headlight mounts fab'd up before the show I might be able to debut my car there we'll see, all the plans i make fall to shit so pretend like you never read this
          Last edited by Mark Ostrowski; 08-02-2011, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Ostrowski View Post
            that should be on the flyer.

I'm definatly going out there for the track event forsure with our 993, I gotta get a little further with the bodywork and get some parts powdercoated on my car, but if i can make it out to you guys in time to get headlight mounts fab'd up before the show I might be able to debut my car there we'll see, all the plans i make fall to shit so pretend like you never read this
            That's awesome, Mark. One car is fun, but two cars...oh yes. But I'll pretend I didn't read this, just in case. haha.

We'll see you there. The track event is shaping up to be good -- there's a good cross-selection of cars from all corners of the tunerverse (JDM, Euro, etc.)

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Addendum:

Those who sign up for the track show are also eligible to win the show awards with that car, as well.

Judging takes place during the lunch hour, when all cars will be parked and off the track.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Two more important addendums for the event, guys!

First, the show categories are up:

-Lowest Static
                -Most Stretched Tires
                -Best Engine (Sound)
                -“Cleanest” Performance
                -“Cleanest” Overall Look
                -“Cleanest” Bike
                -Best Forced Induction
                -Best N/A
                -Most Creative/Original Interior
                -Most Creative/Original Exterior

Also, there is a $10 spectator gate fee. If you are applying for the show or track on the day of the event, you're subject to this fee (it's Autobahn's rules, not ours). Sign up early to make sure you're on the list and avoid spending more of your hard-earned Benjamins.

Finally, if you're signed up and bringing somebody, they too are subject to the $10 spectator gate fee (again, not our rules). If you want to sign them up ahead of time, it's only $7. E-mail event@fluidmotorunion.com to get them on the list.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

And now, to inundate you with a large list, here are some of the types of cars you can expect at Motor Union:

-Audi R8
                  -Porsche 997 911 Turbo
                  -Porsche 997 GT3
                  -Mercedes S65 AMG
                  -Mercedes C55 AMG
                  -BMW E9x M3
                  -BMW E46 M3
                  -BMW E39 M5
                  -Volkswagen Mk. 6 GTI
                  -Nissan 350Z
                  -Nissan 240SX
                  -Mitsubishi Evo 8
                  -Mitsubishi Evo X
                  -Mini Cooper S
                  -Volvo C70
                  -Toyota Mk. 3 Supra
                  -Pontiac Firebird Formula
                  -Subaru WRX STi

Get excited!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Comment

How much if my car is junk and I just want to spectate? Still $10? Also track part is available to anyone?
                    Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
                      How much if my car is junk and I just want to spectate? Still $10? Also track part is available to anyone?
                      Are you gonna go Alex? I'll be there but just spectating
                      BMW E38
                      That White Evo
                      -SOLD
                      instagram @kbuss
                      flickr

Comment

god fucking dammit. wish i'd known about this sooner, minneapolis is only about 7 hours away...
                        -George
                        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
                          It will still be a $10 gate fee; it's Autobahn's rules, not ours

Track part is available to anybody with a car that'll pass tech inspection.

Originally posted by vdubkid View Post
                          god fucking dammit. wish i'd known about this sooner, minneapolis is only about 7 hours away...
                          There are still more than 7 hours left until the event

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Attention:

Times have changed a bit. The latest you can arrive with a show car is 9 am.

Gates open at 7, and the earlier you arrive, the easier it will be to get you situated.

Spectators can arrive anytime after the gates open.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                            X