Do Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Work

It’s the middle of the week, and just when you think the momentum is slowing…it’s not.

There’s quite a fever of action always happening at Fluid; whether it revolves around older project cars or something that just rolled in for service, everybody’s running at race pace from 8 in the morning until 7 at night, sometimes later, five-and-a-half days per week (Saturday hours are reduced slightly). And just when you think there’s nothing to do for five minutes, something else comes up (or is towed in) and the cycle begins again. Today, everybody’s scattered around the shop and all sorts of things are happening. Let’s take a look, shall we?

Earlier in the day, Zach was finishing double-checking everything in the Z4M’s valvetrain before sealing it up one last time. Now that the internals are just about finished, it’s over to fabrication for the beginning of that work, including but not limited to various fluid coolers, an exhaust and some sway bar links. The drivetrain is just about put back together, so there should be some serious weld content coming up in a week or two.

Right behind the Z4M is a model of Porsche that’s certainly not seen every day, unless it’s in your driveway. This Porsche 928 came in running rough, and when it leaves…well…it won’t be. For now, though, it’s a nice car you don’t see every day, and was worthy of a snap or two.

And the interior, much like the 300ZX from last week, is in good condition. The pictures on all the dash’s various buttons are rather large, as if it was seemingly meant for a bespectacled member of the geriatric community. Perhaps this is Mr. Magoo’s car; it probably isn’t, but you never know. Either way, it’s nice and it’s clean.

Over on the dyno, Jose’s M3 is getting its Active Autowerke tune tweaked for passing emissions. We’re also installing the OEM alarm system and all its various sensors, just in case the streets of Chicago get a little gritty. Getting a car to pass emissions is always an endeavor, especially with a tune and a supercharger attached, but we’re willing to take up the challenge, all for the sake of a cleaner environment. Or at least that’s what we’ll tell you…

A little further into the garage, we’ve got George’s 318 just about finished in terms of fabrication-specific work. The valve cover came back from the powdercoater, so now we’ve gone about the task of making sure everything is tightened down and cleaned up for the next stage of work to begin.

Finally, Perry’s 190E received a little bit of sprucing up today, and when that paint is clean, my goodness! The color looks nice when photographed, but you don’t really get the depth of the paint until you see it in the flesh (or metal).

And don’t forget, we’re constantly blowing up Facebook, so if you haven’t ‘Liked’ us yet, do it! Also, registration for Motor Union is open and hanging out in our store, so check it out. We’ve also added an event on Facebook; if you can’t get into it for whatever reason, just let us know and we’ll add you in!
    Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 07-07-2011, 07:54 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

I spy a certain someone's E36.

In other news you guys awesome work, I wish I lived closer I'd be down there everyday just to see the stuff you guys do.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      I spy a certain someone's E36.

In other news you guys awesome work, I wish I lived closer I'd be down there everyday just to see the stuff you guys do.
      Plus you'd keep me occupied, and therefore out of trouble with Marilynn

But since you've spurned Honda, I have no choice but to ban you from the state of Illinois forever. Sorry bro. U mad?

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Working...
      X