mk2 golf gti how low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk2 golf gti how low

alrite people need some advice on getting my mk2 golf LOW, its fitted with jom coilovers which im more than happy with wound right down but it catches all over the place,arches are being done soon but wheel catches inner arch,steering rack etc, any hints or tips to getting it running this low without problems,its running on std 14" bottletops @ the moment.any help is greatly appreciated!!!

add a poll.

longest run on sentence ever?

Option 1: yes
    Option 2: yes

Comment

notch, and hammer any areas flat your hitting - you'll be able to see where you are from bare metal..
      if it keeps rubbing/ hitting remove the areas that are, just make sure you strengthen the areas after removing metal... you've got to be seriously low to hit shafts on 14s though? pictures.
      Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

New wheels and suitable tyres

Comment

i'm sure there are humdereds of people on vortex with the same problem, i can't remember how they all fixed it. maybe you should ask on there.

build thread?

Comment

thanks for your replies people,mostly what i thought anyway!,just seeing if there was any tricks that would help! thanks again.

Comment

get new wheels and roll fenders. i have 185/55s on my bottlecaps (used them in between real wheels) and i still rub on my rolled fenders. the big all-season tires you run with skinny stock 14s aren't condusive to going low. you could try to find smaller tires, but better to just get better wheels.
              025garage

Comment

turn less. welcome to the world of the 80 point turn

Comment

Bottle caps from a e30 bims right? ET is slightly less than vw at 35, 10mm spacers will save you some inner wall damage and stance out touch, but low pro tyres is wot you want...but expensive on 14s - as above, might as well switch up the wheels (if the wheels are hitting the steering rack, somethings fooked! LOL)

Comment

Couldn't read that block of text, but the answer is...

1) If you have to ask if you're low enough, you're not. You can always go at least 2" lower.
                    2) Remove everything that's not essential to keeping the car in 1 piece.
                    3) Play with camber and caster settings.
                    StatusRacing.com
                    Configure YOUR Seat Here
                    Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                    Email: sales@statusracing.com
                    Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X