E46 cant go lower HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 cant go lower HELP!!!

hey guys, i ditched my 19s for some 17s thinking that the car is gonna sit pretty much on the ground. But i was wrong. I asked a workshop to lower the suspension as low as its possible but when i picked up the car today its still not as low as some of the e46s i see here. They said the suspension can still go a lot lower but im at the point where my tie rod and other susp components are hitting each other so i cant get it to sit lower. Is this true? Need all the help i can get guys.

ps oh and im not sure if this will help or not but my current wheel spec is 17x8.5 205/45/17 and 17x10 225/45/17

Cheers
    Ray

Are you using shortened drop links? I'm using some hyundai coupe 2005 model rear drop links, they are like 15cm rather than 25cm.

Still got the adjuster in the back?

Comment

sorry Jorge forgot to mention that im only having trouble at the front. rear is fine. Ive got adjustable front swaybar links installed. I dont think my mechanic touched that today. Do you reckon if i lower the swaybar link i could go lower at the front?

Also, ive got air suspension on my car, thats why im really disappointed i cant go lower, no point in having the air sus on then
      Last edited by INDOMI; 06-22-2011, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Why would you take it to a shop to wind the coilovers down? Genuine question

Comment

Remove said components that are touching.

Comment

Maybe? I'm not sure as I didn't fit mine with the original length links at all only shorter ones.

I did try some 10cm ones though and it made the steering very tight and creaked.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
              Why would you take it to a shop to wind the coilovers down? Genuine question
              Full time work + family = absolutely no time at all lol

Originally posted by macleanshaun View Post
              Remove said components that are touching.
              haha if i do that i wont be able to steer the car

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              Maybe? I'm not sure as I didn't fit mine with the original length links at all only shorter ones.

I did try some 10cm ones though and it made the steering very tight and creaked.
              ic, i really dont know what to do now

Comment

Spener doesn't run the links at all on his E46...

Comment

Have a look and see what parts are actually touching, there really isn't anything near the tie rods that would touch unless it's something to do with your bags. I had a problem of my brake line bracket touching my drop links which I slightly moved to clear when turning, although I've got thicker drop links than usual. I rekon the shop was jelly and just didn't lower it

Comment

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
                    Full time work + family = absolutely no time at all lol
                    but you said you're on air.

CONFUSED.
                    -SW|UK-
                    Education - Knowledge - Power
                    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

my air suspension works like coilovers, if the bags dont go enough i can adjust the body of the shock to go lower.

Comment

Ah i see!
                        -SW|UK-
                        Education - Knowledge - Power
                        insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

ask luckyboy on here. his car is bagged in the front and could have some pointers. there are a couple others i believe, but don't know the usernames...

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                            Are you using shortened drop links? I'm using some hyundai coupe 2005 model rear drop links, they are like 15cm rather than 25cm.

Still got the adjuster in the back?
                            Would you suggest this on mine too? as pretty sure my rear is all the way down

Comment

Take em out or put your oem rubber ones in if you don't like the idea of spring on perch, you'll get 20mm ish

Comment

Working...
                              X