Help wanted, Coilover stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wanted, Coilover stuck

i was going to lower my car some more but when i tried the adjustment was stuck.
    anybody got som tips?

yeah.
    you prob have road grime or other such items jammed in the threads.

so id get an old toothbrush and some wd40, spray the threads good and then use the tooth brush to clean out the threads some.

if it is still stuck then get out a big hammer and a flat head screw driver and hammer it loose that way.

Comment

Originally posted by OG patina View Post
      yeah.
      you prob have road grime or other such items jammed in the threads.

so id get an old toothbrush and some wd40, spray the threads good and then use the tooth brush to clean out the threads some.

if it is still stuck then get out a big hammer and a flat head screw driver and hammer it loose that way.
      I like that... Be extra gentle with it unless that doesn't work... then you can just beat the crap out of it.

I would recommend getting a large set of channel locks and just crank on i with those before you start to use a hammer and screwdriver, it just gives a much smaller chance of damage.

Comment

what they said. clean the threads and if you still cant break it loose. soak it in some pb blaster or wd40

Comment

PB Blaster normally gets anything loose. I am just not patient enough to wait for it to work... lol

Comment

Working...
          X