Ebay Coilovers?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Coilovers?...

Hi guys I've been searching a little for coilovers for my 98 328i and I noticed some low priced coilovers all over ebay( Rokor, Raceland ect), but wanted to know if one of you had someting to say about it. Of course I don't expect it to be high quality parts but is it worth 400 dollars? For that price I don't even have Monroes on 4 corners XD. Thanks guys!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey, it's not everybody who can afford 2000$ coilovers...
      sigpic

Comment

most of the people that says ebay coilover sucks dont have try any of them.
        i have try ebay coilovers (raceland) in the streets and track and i can say are the best for the price..
        Last edited by eMile; 06-19-2011, 06:29 PM.
        95 euro M3 e36 3.0
        EX-87 324td e30
        83 318i e30
        91 200sx s13

Comment

JOM seem to be fairly good for the money.
          Instagram @vave_dirgo

Comment

Originally posted by Dave V View Post
            JOM seem to be fairly good for the money.
            if by "fairly good" you really mean "garbage"
            Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by eMile View Post
              most of the people that says ebay coilover sucks dont have try any of them.
              i have try ebay coilovers (raceland) in the streets and track and i can say are the best for the price..
              Then I can honestly say you're wrong. I used to have eBay coils, dailyed on them for about a year, it was horrible. I tried to lie to myself and say it was ok. No it was 100% terrible and made me despise my car, I legit ***** it.

I bought D2s about a month ago and I can say its the best decision I have made so far. It genuinely made me realize how stupid I was for buying it. For a few hundred bucks more (a few weeks of saving), and you will like your decision a whole lot more.

OP don't buy eBay coils. Do it right the first time, or you will be kicking yourself for a long time until you can afford a real setup.

<3
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                Then I can honestly say you're wrong. I used to have eBay coils, dailyed on them for about a year, it was horrible. I tried to lie to myself and say it was ok. No it was 100% terrible and made me despise my car, I legit ***** it.

I bought D2s about a month ago and I can say its the best decision I have made so far. It genuinely made me realize how stupid I was for buying it. For a few hundred bucks more (a few weeks of saving), and you will like your decision a whole lot more.

OP don't buy eBay coils. Do it right the first time, or you will be kicking yourself for a long time until you can afford a real setup.

<3
                true. having ridden in your car with both setups, there was a HUGE difference.
                Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Cutting springs > cheap coils. Same ride quality and you don't waste $400. IMO if you can't afford to lower it yet then DON'T! it's worth it to save up for quality stuff. Trust me I've ridden in all sorts of cars with all sorts of suspension setups. Usually (and I stress usually) if people on here give advice it's because they know what they are talking about... Not just some punk kid. I wish you luck with whatever you decide. Cheers!
                  cars and stuff

Comment

Thanks for the great comments! I'm one of those who wants to it right the first time so I guess I'll search for an higher quality coil package. I'm not really sure whats the best quality/price deal I can do. Any suggestion?
                    sigpic

Comment

I've heard good things about Ground Control kits (they go quite low) for the E36. Not sure on price. I'd guess around 1300.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

at 1st i put a set of universal ebay coilovers on my freinds jetta. it rode pretty good till the shocks blew from putting it 2 low. now the ebay coil sleeves are on the front of my other friends integra. trimmed the bump stops and still goin good today. its ben about 8 months. its an older integra ( dc2? ) but his mudflaps sit on the ground.

Comment

i have racelands on my e46 and i dd the hell out of it and so far have racked up a little over 10k miles on them. only complaint i have are weak spring rates.

Comment

rokkors have a lil stiffer springs. my friend has them dumped on his mk3 jetta . rides pretty damn good for having an inch of travel up front. cuz the axles hit the frame. im ordering rokkors for my civic soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                              if by "fairly good" you really mean "garbage"
                              No I mean fairly good, hence why I said fairly good.

There's no dampening adjustment with JOM which would be the downfall of them. I like the fact that they use standard topmounts, much more comfortable than D2 with the solid topmounts. But I wouldn't rate D2 coilovers for a daily car,I would definatley have JOM over D2 on a daily.
                              Instagram @vave_dirgo

Comment

Working...
                              X