Drop shocks or shock extenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop shocks or shock extenders?

Not conventional, but stancing a truck. Front is dropped 6" and I need a new pair of shocks. Should I go with shock extenders and OEM length shocks, or lowering shocks?

Thanks in advance for the input!
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Nevermind! Getting a pair of RanchCountry lifted truck shock extenders so I dont have to switch to crappy short poorly valved lowering shocks.
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Originally posted by benton672
      I know with the dampening you either match it to the spring rate or get adjustable and see what works best, but how do you figure out what length to get?
      I did a little research and realized I needed to buy shocks for lowered vehicles (IE shorter shocks) because they are valved differently inside for a lower ride height. I was just being cheap and wanted to keep my current shocks by getting an extension for the top shock mount but that would not have been a good idea because it would allow the springs to travel too much.

Comment

Working...
      X