ideas for low...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas for low...

hey guys, i recently decided i would start my project this summer, it was originally gonna be my 99 mercedes c280 DD, with drop, stretch, poke, but ive recently decided that my 2002 camry would be a better idea because it would cost me a lot less...

anyways, i was wonder how low i could safely drop my camry via cut springs...?

i usually drive around with a car full of people... so, lets plan accordingly...
    1999 Slammed W202 - RIP
    1962 Ford Ranchero - Olivia (Current Project)

if i wanted to be unoriginal, i'd own a BMW.

Comment

haw haw, herping the derp, etc etc.

im balling on a budget here.
      1999 Slammed W202 - RIP

Comment

shorten the struts or get shorter struts and shorter gc springs and adjusters.

Comment

Originally posted by smokenyall View Post
          shorten the struts or get shorter struts and shorter gc springs and adjusters.
          how low will that get me? im looking to put 16x12's on the back, and 16x8's in the front... and i would like to camber in the rear at -3 and the front at -1... but this all preliminary, im looking into how much it would cost me to do the suspension first...
          1999 Slammed W202 - RIP

Comment

First of all, you're not ballin at all. Not on a budget or otherwise.

Second, did you just pull numbers out of your ass and decide thats what you were going to use for wheels and camber?

This "build" is a lost cause and it hasn't even begun.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
              First of all, you're not ballin at all. Not on a budget or otherwise.

Second, did you just pull numbers out of your ass and decide thats what you were going to use for wheels and camber?

This "build" is a lost cause and it hasn't even begun.
              obviously, hence why its a camry and not a s600.

and i was going to use steel racing wheels. theyre dirt cheap. and the camber arms arent too hard to come by. like i said, these are JUST IDEAS of what i would LIKE to do.

also, im throwing out ideas, no need to be a dick.
              Last edited by fromthelbc; 05-20-2011, 02:30 AM.
              1999 Slammed W202 - RIP

Comment

cut your damn springs and shut up.

Comment

16x12's?? wtf, and dont be a ricer save you money and buy coils and quit the bitching

Comment

get gc coil sleeves , shortened koni race inserts , custom extended top hats. youl be ballin

Comment

@OP
                      From what I've read on a few forums, cutting 1 coil off or somewhere close to that should still give you a close, if not the same, ride as stock. If you cut more than that, then you'll probably start encountering problems.

Hope that helps.

Comment

brother, just do it right the first time. there is a fine line between safe and unsafe when it comes to your car. And you wouldnt want to cheap out and put your life and your passengers lives at risk

Save up to get coils (height, damper and camber adjustable).

Comment

I lol'd at 16x12.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Those FKs are not going to just fit your camry the group buy is for the mkv golf/gti, TT and the 8P A3

Where are you seeing the word camry in any of those applications?

Just don't waste your time....cut the springs already or bend/melt them and end up like this....

Originally posted by Kielan
                            VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.

Flickr

Comment

This just gets better and better.

Comment

Working...
                              X