X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Management Newb

What's up Stanceworks,

I had a usual night of surfing the net while drinking ie. making it a little easier to hit the "add to cart" or "buy it now" icons.

I managed to source easy street air struts(1/2" fittings) w/rear bags(3/8" fittings) & the necessary brackets for great prices.

My car is currently in an immoveable state due to one of my B&G RS2 strut inner rods actually shearing clean across, haven't heard anything back on a replacement(I guess that's neither here nor there @ the moment). So when in times like this, I figure the added convienence of air suspension could fit my situation a little better in the event on upgrading.

- Options came down to paying for a replacement strut that could probably break again, replacing coil-overs completely, SIMPLE air management set-up. There is so many things out for air management its ridiculous!

I just need to get the car up and moving again. I'm on about a $500-$700 budget and the adjustability is all I am looking for w/minimal-to-no "play time" RIGHT NOW. Eventually I want to go w/8 individual valves and one of those "super smart" ride height sensing unit but the time nor the money are on my side for that at the moment.

I am asking you air experts right now what is the bare minimum it would take to get these bags inflated for minimal daily driving and back on the road again.

-Compressor
    -Tank (Idk what fitting I need to have coming out of thet tank to get the 1/2" Valves front bags/ 3/8" rear bags)
    -Valves (I want to start out with (4) 2-way valves
    -Air Line
    -Controller
    -Wiring - I'm a little confused but I'd imagine I'm wiring up the valves & the compressor

-The MISC: This is going to kill me, I am a military member stationed overseas finding another car on bags where I live is next to impossible so imagine what picking up and replacing parts could be like.

-Will a plug-n-play really alleviate many headaches? http://www.wagenswest.com/partstore/...anagement.html

-If you had to have bagged car operational is less that 72 hours what would you source?

Thanks a lot for any help...I'm sure most of this info will help out with future air suspension questions.
    Last edited by Dom_J; 05-17-2011, 02:50 PM.
    E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

We sell an 8 valve manual management system within that price range. I emailed you some info so let me know if you have any other questions.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Checking it out now

Thanks a lot for your help...I'm nearly certain I'll go with that set-up you e-mailed me, scraping together some funds right now.
      E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

Got my full accuair elevel setup for my z through them. Best prices around and perfect installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom_J View Post
          Checking it out now

Thanks a lot for your help...I'm nearly certain I'll go with that set-up you e-mailed me, scraping together some funds right now.
          Glad I could help!

Originally posted by killervq35hr View Post
          Got my full accuair elevel setup for my z through them. Best prices around and perfect installation.
          Thanks for the kind words! The last shoot of your Z was amazing!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
          X