Options for more low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for more low?

Just posted up this question in my intro thread, but figured I'd probably get more help here.

I'm currently running some coil conversions in my E30, not sure on the brand (were on a buddies old car), and they're cranked all the way down. But as we all know.. this is just simply not low enough for an E30:

Now, onto how I may be able to fix this..

I pulled out one of the springs today to snap a pic, and to measure the spring to be sure of the length. It's a 5" spring. This brings me to my first question, I'm not familiar with the E30 coil conversions, so I didn't know if any companies made a shorter spring for them. Also, would removing the adjustable portion of that be safe? I didn't know if the spring sitting directly on the rear subframe would be good or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pic of the coil:

Thanks!

Eibach makes a spring called the ERS spring which is used in their Ground Control sleeves, and coilovers. You may want to look there.. You can pair up a koni insert and your choice of ERS spring and re-use your threaded portion of your sleeves.. that would essentially make an Eibach coilover.. if you use an insert you can use a shorter insert if it's valved ok and modify the perches lower... but that's a lot of work.

Comment

To get E30s properly low, its not easy and not cheap.

Or at least that's my understanding of it, from a few friends who own E30s.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
      X