E36 guys... help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 guys... help?

so i just bought a 97 M3 and need MORE LOW!
    but im not sure what coilovers to do... thinking between BC and STD at the moment. looking for alot of adjustability... what are you guys running?!

My last e36 came with FK coilovers which were really good. I bought another E36 with just springs/shocks so I ordered Rokkor coilovers last night. $375 shipped to my door

3 year warranty on them, and they are dirt cheap. I've actually heard they are pretty good coilovers too. I just can't justify shelling out $800-$1200 for coilovers. My car is just a street daily driver, so I don't need insane suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Jardine View Post
      My last e36 came with FK coilovers which were really good. I bought another E36 with just springs/shocks so I ordered Rokkor coilovers last night. $375 shipped to my door

3 year warranty on them, and they are dirt cheap. I've actually heard they are pretty good coilovers too. I just can't justify shelling out $800-$1200 for coilovers. My car is just a street daily driver, so I don't need insane suspension.
      And that's the type of mentality that is killing this scene.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

lol 2-3 years ago 800-1200 was cheap for coils, but since china started ripping off everyones design and using inferior materials its gotten even worse.
        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Facepalm

Comment

personally, id rather not spend under $1000 on my coilovers. You get what you pay for and cheaper is usually not better at all.

on another note... Can you still order the Zero Clearance coilovers for the E36 or had they stopped production on those to build the Z/G35 ones?

Comment

The BC are most likely gona be the best bang for your buck as far as decent coils go. I'm running the Ground Control set up and have had great experience with tracking on them for the last two years. Just don't cheap out if you plan to ever do some serious driving/backroading

-'95 325is, Alpine on gutted, G/C Track coils 650 lb front/750 lb rear, AA s/c, buckets, Borbet Type A's, etc... :drivin:

Comment

FK 's??? u're killin an m3 ...

Comment

KW Variant 1 or D2

simply perfect

Comment

Originally posted by VeeDubb View Post
                    personally, id rather not spend under $1000 on my coilovers. You get what you pay for and cheaper is usually not better at all.

on another note... Can you still order the Zero Clearance coilovers for the E36 or had they stopped production on those to build the Z/G35 ones?
                    I'd like to know this also!
                    1999 E36 M3 Cosmos
                    Longboarding, and BMW's

Comment

H&R is amazing ya its expensive but like all the others have said you get what you pay for. in the long run if you spend that kinda money on something as important as suspension it goes alot farther than you think. your going to have more of a hastle with cheap ones than you will with ones that people have actually looked into instead of stuff that is just thrown together.

Comment

Originally posted by PaidInGum View Post
                        I'd like to know this also!
                        correct me if i am wrong which i probably am but
                        its now static suspension which is still another form of zero clearance. AST suspension is producing a zero clearance coilover. i dont know if its AST or ST suspension that is only makeing a certain amount of this "coilover"

Comment

If you can, get the SW ZC. I spent the money and was it ever so worth it!
                          1996 e36 BMW M3 <3

Comment

get fk kongisport had them on my coupe,paid 1200 for them and they go super low and ride pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                              And that's the type of mentality that is killing this scene.
                              What mentality? I've been riding on these coilovers for a few weeks now, no problems. They ride fine, go low as hell, and didn't hurt the bank. I don't see anything wrong with them, and I can tell you for sure, I am not alone. The three year warranty is longer than the other companies offer too. Go tell Mike Burroughs that his mentality is killing the scene, because he has cut the springs on one of his E28's. If Rokkor sold their coilovers for $900+, you'd probably be here recommending them. No offence too, you have a ridiculous amount of posts on this site, and from what I recall, you have a nearly stock DC Integra. So you're probably the last to say what's "killing the scene". Correct me if I'm wrong...

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                              Facepalm
                              Get your palm out of your face, and check out this guys car:

Let him know he should invest in coilovers worth 4 times more, because the Gods of Stanceworks said so. Yes, like me, he runs Rokkors. Enjoy your $1000+ suspension, because at the end of the day, both our cars are low Which is what I thought this site was all about...?

Comment

Working...
                              X