FK Konisport vs Highsport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FK Konisport vs Highsport

I'm sure this has been discussed on multiple occasions before but I need to figure this out so I can order my new coils today.

I can buy highsports for $1100 shipped or konisports $1500.
    The highsport bodies are good for 35 to 65mm drops and the konisports are good for 30 to 60. I will be using these as a base for airstruts. I need to know if the $400 difference is really justified. I've owned both non-koni and koni fks in the past and can't personally see the difference but i've never had them long enough to where them out.

Should I dish out the extra cash or be cheap?

Which of the two has a shorter shaft? Id go with that one so you aren't closer to bottoming out when riding slammed.also, id base it off of which is easier to service quicker.if the fronts use actual inserts,you can have them serviced at any rebuilder fairly quick when they are out of warentee.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

for that price why not just go with air struts? are either/both damping/rebound adjustable or is the difference only the advertised drop?

Comment

also galvanized/stainless steel?

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
          for that price why not just go with air struts? are either/both damping/rebound adjustable or is the difference only the advertised drop?
          Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
          also galvanized/stainless steel?
          Find me air struts for an e38 for $1500 and i'll buy them right now. Thats damn near the cost of one bagyard.

Both offer the same features. One just comes with a koni insert instead of teh alternative.

Comment

bagyards are 1500ish/pair depending on model and whatnot. not familiar with e38 rear suspensions so not sure if they use a coil over shock or spring separate from the shock. if valving on them is the same and they have the same features i would just go with the cheaper option...assuming both are rebuildable? unless you can find threads where the highsports have longevity problems i wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
            X