Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can its works?? shorthening housing bmw e30 inside

can i used those shock ?? blistein HD version
    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

anyone?

Comment

it will work if the insert body diameter is relatively close to the stock one. make sure the gland nut is able to hold the body in place otherwise you will need a new one that fits the replacement insert.
      you have two options. you can shorten the strut housing to the length of the replacement insert. you will have clearance issues because you will essentially lower the spring mounting point which will interfere with the wheel. the other option is to use the inserts with a spacer so that they still fit properly in the stock housing.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

i think the diameter is almost the same,or the same... and i need too shorten my housing of like 3 inch,maybe.. so i think i will take the spacer option

Comment

For Volvos but some great info on the strut inserts themselves! now I just need someone to do the same for Saabs so we can find some shorter struts!
          Last edited by soab; 09-22-2011, 08:55 PM.
          Originally posted by JC.
          'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

EDIT: My bad never put the link in here!
            this is some basic info about what strutcartridges can be used when shortening your 240 struts. low cost, so Koni race inserts are left out on purpose. it's not complete, there are more cartridges that can be used and more information will be added when available. please note this is general...
            Originally posted by JC.
            'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
            X