You've Seen It ... Now Hear It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've Seen It ... Now Hear It

...Granted, it's with the cutouts closed, but we have to leave something else to publish later, right?

Yes, this is cross-posted from the Showroom forum, but only for the sake of reaching a larger audience within StanceWorks. Oxer alone isn't enough for this one

For the uninitiated, this is the first project car that put FMU onto the scene in a massive way. This... is Gold Wheels.

It's an E38 740i, that much is obvious. What's not obvious, however, is what's under the hood. We replaced the stock powerplant with a S62 from an E39 M5. And it only gets better from there.

Our current list of mods to this car includes aftermarket cams, and a whole slew of bespoke FMU craftwork: headers, exhaust (including electric switch-operated cutouts that reroute exhaust through side exit tips in the side skirts), catch can, velocity stacks, and alpha-n tune.

It's putting down 385 to the wheels on an unfinished tune on a Dyno Dynamics dyno (meaning it's probably closer to 400 whp). Despite being a 4000-lb car, it moves. I can personally attest to that.

But without further ado, here's Gold Wheels with the cutouts closed (meaning it still routes the exhaust out the back, through mufflers):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsrH9A-Gec"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsrH9A-Gec[/ame]

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Love it love it LOVE IT!!!

The orgasm I just had, and I havent even heard it in person yet!
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

im drooling over here, sounds insane
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        Love it love it LOVE IT!!!

The orgasm I just had, and I havent even heard it in person yet!
        I hadn't even watched the video yet! Lol

Comment

Working...
        X