Vibration when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration when accelerating

Figured as most guys on here run pretty low i'm sure someone has run into this problem before and may be able to help.

Basically from what i can tell..... the universal joints are at too high an angle since i lowered it and are causing vibration when i floor it (mainly between 30 and 50km/h). Any ways to fix this without raising the car.... ie maybe reducing camber??

Someone please help because i dont want to raise my car.

I have the same problem, and it started after I lowered my car. Vibrates during acceleration in first and second gear.

BMW E46 320d M-sport - Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
    Instagram: andreaswibs

Comment

Put it on air.

I had them same problem with my car, only pass. side though. It was the crappy aftermarket axles I was using when I went back to OEM all was good.

Comment

Sounds like your axels.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I'm having this problem too... but on a RWD car. Feels like the vibration is coming from the front though (not 100% sure).

It's only under accelerating/high revs though. I could be going 100km/h in 5th gear and it's smooth as.

Front wheel bearings possibly?

Comment

Hmmm. Maybe your wheels aren't balanced properly + get another alignment.

Comment

To update those that are interested, i am almost positive the problem is driveshaft joint related.

I've now had the wheels balanced and also had a wheel alignment, neither of which improved the problem, also tried different wheels to no avail. So did a load of research and discovered this is a common problem with s2000's and is caused by the driveshaft universal joints.

So because i thought the vibration was coming from the front i pulled out the front driveshafts, had the inner and outer joints swapped from side to side, polished and regreased etc. This has not fixed the problem. So now i' thinking it is the rear doing it so next on the to do list is to do the same thing to the rear shafts.

The other possibility is that the angle the driveshafts themselves are sitting at is two high causing binding. If all else fails this is probably the cause and can really only be fixed by raising the car. Unless raising the diff or something else fairly labour intensive.

So ill keep this posted and hopefully ill find a solution at some point lol.

Comment

Working...
              X