lowering a 4x4 truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering a 4x4 truck?

hey i have a 98 ford expedition 4x4 and im looking to lower it around 4".....all the kits online are for like an inch because i have torsion bars. I've been reading about loosening the torsion bars and how that will lower it but im looking for any input or advice as to how else i could do it or if that will work. thanks

have a look about lowering classic beetles, i hear they have torsion bars.

Originally posted by Jersh
    RT changes lives.

Comment

4wd blazers get dropped with torsion bars too

maybe?

I like em dropped.

Comment

I dont understand why people want to lower a 4wheel drive, Same goes with people raising up 2wd's. urg Good luck lowering it 4"
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

To be honest, I don't think the 4x4 models have enough clearance or space in the front suspension geometry to even compress/flex 4", much less be lowered as much.

If you're bent on having a lowered Expedition, I'd recommend you look for a 2wd model. Usually I'm gung-ho for random unique stuff like this, but having spent an obnoxiously large amount of time beneath Expys and F-150s, I can say with a big degree of certainty that it will be nothing shy of a pain in the ass with no benefit or decent outcome.
          - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

You can re-index the torsion keys. I believe there are also some companies that make a lowering torsion key instead to get a little extra drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
              To be honest, I don't think the 4x4 models have enough clearance or space in the front suspension geometry to even compress/flex 4", much less be lowered as much.

If you're bent on having a lowered Expedition, I'd recommend you look for a 2wd model. Usually I'm gung-ho for random unique stuff like this, but having spent an obnoxiously large amount of time beneath Expys and F-150s, I can say with a big degree of certainty that it will be nothing shy of a pain in the ass with no benefit or decent outcome.
              I agree it's not worth it but obviously they have the clearance to at least compress 4". Shit mine easily bounces past 4" all the time and it's always sat lower than most expeditions for some reason

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Totally not worth it.
                | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

ave a look about lowering classic beetles

Last edited by Laurel421; 09-15-2011, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X