A Disappearing Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Disappearing Act

Everybody forgets things from time to time, that much is a given. Sometimes, though, even with the sharpest mind and eyes, things just…disappear.

Disappearing is the theme of today’s blog post, obviously. For starters, remember those taller stacks we showed you yesterday for, um, nothing in particular? Well, here they are again. Except, this time, the center weld’s disappeared! Oh dear. Although that’s probably a good thing; now, the stacks look like they were milled from a single piece of aluminum. The detail to attention here is mind-blowing in your humble narrator’s opinion.

The next thing to disappear is the big open space in the M Roadster’s engine bay. Stacks are just about done being milled, and are being polished as we speak:

More disappearing is happening with the Roadster, as well. For one, all that dust disappeared on the hood, thanks to a respray by the Romanian Superhero himself, Luci. Also, the sidemarkers and dust on the front bumper have disappeared, thanks to the aforementioned respray:

On that, er, Cavalier we mentioned a while back, we decided to make the rear end’s lack of rigidity disappear by installing a custom-fabricated rear strut bar. Don’t mind the poor wiring behind it; a) it’s a Cavalier, and b) it’s in the process of being redone. The strut bar looks pretty slick, if you ask us. Although we don’t know why it’s painted gold. What a stupid color for anything on a vehicle…

And finally, watch your stress disappear with this picture of one of the forty-five shop dogs we have, Blue:

Six days. Four of us were here past midnight last night. Tonight, we're going to have at least the same amount.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

I remember the days of rushing prior to a show... The exhaustion is no match to the detemination to get the jobs done. It seems its the same all over the world

<3
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
      I remember the days of rushing prior to a show... The exhaustion is no match to the detemination to get the jobs done. It seems its the same all over the world

<3
      They pulled an all-nighter last night. That's how you know it's crunch time. I'll probably pull one or two with them next week, right before we leave.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Most Ive ever done was 4 days with 3 hours sleep... Id sit down, pass out sitting upright, then wake up and continue working. Managed to shave a truck, do a full respray on it, paint the chassis and reinstall the fourlink/bags/ wiring in those four days haha.

I can only imagine what you guys are going through with multiple projects.
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post

WANT...Bad!!!!!

Comment

wish i can run a rear strut bar like that

Comment

Working...
            X