Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e36 wants LESS camber/needs stance help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 wants LESS camber/needs stance help!

So I switched out my h&r/bilstein combo for coils 3 weeks ago and loving the stanced look and will be ordering spacers as soon as I get around to getting my fenders rolled. However I ran into a problem, in about 3 weeks time ive managed to destroy my rear tires due to camber. The car hasnt been aligned yet and im def getting that done next week along with new rear tires. Question is will the alignment shop get rid of my rear camber or am I too low? Im willing to raise the rear maybe half an inch if need be.

Damage:

My feeble attempt at showing you my demon camber:

And heres how low I am, the tires came with the wheels and are way too big for the 8.5s in the back with 225/50/17. Id like to be flush once the spacers and smaller tires are on in a week, just dont want to go through tires every month or so. Im a spirited driver for sure but dont burnout or break the tires loose at all so advice please!

can you adjust toe? that's what kills tires -- camber is much less hazardous to tire life

Comment

Originally posted by cheez80 View Post
      can you adjust toe? that's what kills tires -- camber is much less hazardous to tire life
      Thanks for the response. Toe eh? Im unsure of how to go about adjusting toe, when I get an alignment will they be able to fix/adjust the toe?

Comment

Originally posted by myreversewave View Post
        Thanks for the response. Toe eh? Im unsure of how to go about adjusting toe, when I get an alignment will they be able to fix/adjust the toe?
        yes.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
          yes.

excellent, awesome news

Comment

Holy fucking toe out.
            "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

as the others have mentioned you need an alignment, specifically your rear toe needs to be adjusted. It looks like the problem did you a favor anyway as those tires are dry rotted as well.

Comment

Toe is out of wack, check trailing arm bushings they are probably shot

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                  as the others have mentioned you need an alignment, specifically your rear toe needs to be adjusted. It looks like the problem did you a favor anyway as those tires are dry rotted as well.
                  Yea I wasn't a fan of the tires anyways, came with the car which ive only had for 2 months now, 225/50s are balloons, good riddance!

Originally posted by cabezzz View Post
                  I can only imagine with 214,000 miles that they are shot, hopefully the alignment shop will still be able to correct alot of the toe tho.

Comment

When you get an alignment make sure and ask them to adjust the camber. Simple as that.

04' 350z
                    89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                    That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PHAS3D View Post
                      When you get an alignment make sure and ask them to adjust the camber. Simple as that.
                      Yep, toe most importantly but camber as well, dont need so much when im not flush yet. These style 68s work/look great for daily use but im gonna switch them out for something more unique once I find some wheels that I havent already seen on a dozen other e36s and then ill get that camber back if need be for flushness

Comment

Shop wont be able to align it if you trailing arm bushings are torn to pieces, check them first

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

iam having the same exact problem .. i have gotten the car aligned from 2 places and both said they cant adjust camber on an e36 .. so i went out and bought new rtabs and man its hard to find a shop that has a tool to press them in .. anyways there a bolt on the bottem of the control arm by the end off the rear shock that controls the camber on these cars ... most believe by changing out these bolts your camber problem will be solved...

let me know if this helped ,,, iam going through tires like crazy lol and i haven't even gottem my coils yet

Comment

rear toe in around 0.2 total. Camber around -1.5 to -2 per side. Might also be a great idea to buy some adjustable rear camber arms, especially if you are really low.

Here's a better guide.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by cabezzz View Post

I keed, I keed. +1 to what everyone else said about your toe angle. Get that checked out ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X