AirLift AutoPilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirLift AutoPilot

I'm trying to decide what controller to build my system around for my '10 Mustang GT vert.

I'm leaning toward a height based setup but they are quite a bit more $$$ than pressure only setups.

My biggest question/concern is how does a controller like the AutoPilot handle long sustained high speed sweeping curves such as interstate cloverleafs? Will it drop the pressure on the outside bags in an attempt to bring the pressures back to the presets?

We use it in all of our stuff tracked. Camaro, Mustang, 240, corrado, etc... It doesn't change the pressure unless you physically hit the buttons or have a leak.
    Jesse Jenson
    Air Lift Company
    West Coast Sales Manager
    jjenson@airliftcompany.com
    www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jesse.

There's seems to be a bit of misinformation out there(or at least broad generalization) from another brand which talks of pressure only systems dropping outside bag pressure when taking long sustained curves.

Glad to hear that's not the case with the AutoPilot...it's definitely back in the running for my car.

Comment

Yeah there are guys that just try to sell stuff and then theres me. Either uneducated or people blinded by their own glory pass bad info.

With these kinds of questions your best asking the general public for their personal experiences. I'm in sales and work for the company. Check out places like the VWVortex, or mini truck forums for the best answers. They have ran them all, and will give you honest answers.
        Jesse Jenson
        Air Lift Company
        West Coast Sales Manager
        www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

I was hoping posting here would get some feedback from owners/users.

I've been scouring those forums you mentioned plus some hot rod/street rod/pro-touring forums, lx based forums and even the new camaro forums(thats where I found the rebate info) for quite awhile now. I have yet to read of anyone mentioning their car outside bags deflating in long curves. I've found folks quoting the same source as what I saw talking about it but no one has actually talked about it from 1st hand experience.

Maybe the other brand was describing old 2 way systems rather than 4 ways?.?..

Anyway thanks again,
          Ken

ps...
          Would you say the V2 version AutoPilot would be worth waiting for? It looks like it will be cleaner and easier to install. On the other hand the upcoming rebates on the kits sure make the current one awefully apealing.

Comment

They possibly could have been referring to 2-path systems in the mention of transfer.

The easiest way to look at it is with a 4-path the user has control of 4 individual corner's. These corner's do exactly what you tell them to do. inflate / deflate. Because the user is the one holding the control only the user can make the individual corner move.

Another way to look at it is with our manifold set-up for the autopilot it is impossible to transfer air from one bag to another. The only thing shared is the fill. Which is also what the height based system does. So in any case of manifold failure pressure based or height you possibly could see air transfer.

The V2 is still going through some software changes, but could be worth waiting for depending on when you plan on doing your install. Multiple height settings. (pressure based and accurate to +/-1% of preset). 256 color display. etc...
            Jesse Jenson
            Air Lift Company
            West Coast Sales Manager
            www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

Thanks for the follow up Jesse.

Yan I understand the basics of 4-paths and that the bags won't transfer air on their own. My concern was that the AutoPilot(controller) would see a sustained increased pressure on the outer bags from long curves/sweepers and try to "re-adjust" back to preset on it's own.

The general information I was citing about all this comes off of RideTech's site. Again the info isn't really clear as exactly what type of pressure only system they are talking about. 2 or 4 path...digital or analog. They just make it clear that the problem won't exist with height based setups.

See the third paragraph here...starts with "Another problem":

Any chance you guys are going to have remote control option on the V2's when it's released? For some reason I have it in my head that I really want to be able to pancake the car remotely.

Thanks once again,
              Ken

Comment

I see what your asking now. With active systems you would see this, if they were correcting every second. But thats not safe. OE and aftermarket manufactures should be into the 30-45 second reaction for this very reason. Again they are contradicting themselves as in a turn the car leans and after the correcting time goes buy for a height based system it will do the same thing with trying to correct the problem.
                Jesse Jenson
                Air Lift Company
                West Coast Sales Manager
                www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

I run it on the BMW, beat the piss out of it, and I love it.

Comment

Jesse,

Thanks again for the info in this thread.

Are there plans to offer a remote control option with the AutoPilot V2? This is the main reason I'm not jumping on the AutoPilot V1 system right now. The lack of remote control keeps pushing me toward the E3....I think I really want a remote.

Comment

Working...
                    X