A3 Suspension Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3 Suspension Advice

Hey I just picked up a 2011 A3 and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on FK Coilovers vs H&R Cup Kit suspension..........
    Originally posted by Kielan
    VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.

Flickr

I'm assuming your talking FK Streetline vs the cup kit right?

Streetlines will get you lower, and are adjustable. Cup kit will ride better, but won't get you as low. If I were you I'd save and get some better coilovers.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

a lot of my friends and I swear by H&R ultra lows as the best coils for going low on the mkv/a3 chassis. super quality product, excellent ride at any height and use bilstein inserts. i switched from h&r cup kit and my friends switched from koni/fk coils and couldn't be happier.
      025garage

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
        a lot of my friends and I swear by H&R ultra lows as the best coils for going low on the mkv/a3 chassis. super quality product, excellent ride at any height and use bilstein inserts. i switched from h&r cup kit and my friends switched from koni/fk coils and couldn't be happier.
        Thanks, I found a group buy on audizine for the FKs shipped to your door for $499 so I think I may go that direction, how much are the H&Rs? I can't go over $1k because of my budget
        VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by B. Aust View Post
          Thanks, I found a group buy on audizine for the FKs shipped to your door for $499 so I think I may go that direction, how much are the H&Rs? I can't go over $1k because of my budget
          Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. I wouldnt use a set of $500 coilovers on my vehicle
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Streetlines will get you lower, and are adjustable. Cup kit will ride better, but won't get you as low. If I were you I'd save and get some better coilovers.
            Word.

Friend's ride, on H&R Cup kits, lower than halfway, but still some turns to go:

www.racingart.com.br/forum

Comment

Originally posted by B. Aust View Post
              I run those $500 FKs on my 1985 vw. They're not very good and have blown on all my friends' cars. I have the $1,200 H&Rs on my wifes mkv and they're amazing. You drive a $40k Audi, don't buy cheap crap coils and get the H&Rs.

Just think about what you're saying here..."I just bought a 2011 Audi and I'd like $500 coils that ride like garbage and last a couple of years at most." I can assure you that you'll regret buying the bottom-of-the-line FKs and will just end up buying something better anyways.
              025garage

Comment

atleast step up to STs brennan...

Comment

I ended up getting STs and they should be here wednesday....

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X