Coil over parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil over parts

Hey guys! I was wonderin if yall knew of any companies that offer individual parts for coilover conversions, mainly upper spring perches? Im lookin to see if there are some wider variety of upper spring perches than what I have been able to find available.

Thanks!
    Alex
    Originally posted by JC.
    'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

go check my thread

NYC - CNP CREW

Comment

I am going to bump this on the off chance that somebody has or knows where to find what I am looking for. I need coil over sleeves with an inner diameter of at least 2 1/8 (2.125) inches. that is the outside diameter of the strut I am working with accurately measured by calipers. I have been trying to hone the inner diameter out on the sleeves I have but even my patience is wearing thin and I am almost ready to spend dome money to get fitting sleeves.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!
      Originally posted by JC.
      'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by soab View Post
        I am going to bump this on the off chance that somebody has or knows where to find what I am looking for. I need coil over sleeves with an inner diameter of at least 2 1/8 (2.125) inches. that is the outside diameter of the strut I am working with accurately measured by calipers. I have been trying to hone the inner diameter out on the sleeves I have but even my patience is wearing thin and I am almost ready to spend dome money to get fitting sleeves.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!
        get a reducer thats 2.5 to 2.125 or whatever and weld it on.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
          get a reducer thats 2.5 to 2.125 or whatever and weld it on.
          Are there 2.5" coil sleeves? Or are one of us misunderstanding the other?

Edit as a side note these were the only ones I could find anywhere but when I tried ordering them they said they do not ship to my area...
          Last edited by soab; 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM.
          Originally posted by JC.

Comment

Are there 2.5" coil sleeves? Or are one of us misunderstanding the other?
            The sizes arent necessarily important because you can just get a reducer and a pipe shop and weld it on.

thats how people use e28 strut tubes on e34 bmw's

Comment

The sizes arent necessarily important because you can just get a reducer and a pipe shop and weld it on.

thats how people use e28 strut tubes on e34 bmw's
              Oh I know, my buddy did similar on his Miata, the problem is I can not get sleeves that will fit on to my strut body.. the inner diameter of the sleeves are too small for the outer diameter of the strut and I can not find anything bigger than about 2.04ish except for in the link above
              Originally posted by JC.

Comment

Oh I know, my buddy did similar on his Miata, the problem is I can not get sleeves that will fit on to my strut body.. the inner diameter of the sleeves are too small for the outer diameter of the strut and I can not find anything bigger than about 2.04ish except for in the link above
                OOHHHH i misunderstood man, sorry.

i thought the sleeve was too big for the strut.

i didnt look specifically but these guys have weird sizes of adjusters and springs

Comment

Hahaha its all good your not the first to misunderstand that! Thanks for the link! Ill check it out.
                  Originally posted by JC.

Comment

These work?

Comment

Probably too big (might interfere with the tire, I sent A1 another email though because as much as I do not want to buy another set of coil sleeves these have an ID of 2.17 which would be perfect! I just don't want to spend more money haha

I do appreciate the help though dude!!!
                      Originally posted by JC.

Comment

Working...
                      X