Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

So what insurance companies have people found the easiest to work with in regards to modifications?

My current company swiftcover are cheap but don't allow any.
    If I could find a cheaper quote with modifications allowed/declared then maybe I could get the ball rolling.

Paul
    Cheap insurance means no lows. Fail....

Admiral/Elephant are usually a winner amongst the BMW scene.

Comment

HIC all the way. They're quite a small company comparatively so they actually have to work for the customer. I talk to the same guy every time I do something to my car and we have a good chinwag which is refreshing when all the other companies chuck me to some Indian talk centre. Plus they're nice and cheap

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/omex_uk

Comment

Adrian flux. when i took insuarance out on the golf first time round they quoted me 300 quid cheaper mods included than any other site would for a standard 16v gti Lol...
        Project NewCoolOldSchool started

Comment

Flux wouldn't even tell me the price their system quoted me on a standard 330

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            Flux wouldn't even tell me the price their system quoted me on a standard 330
            same and i drice a 1.4 polo

im with adrimal on multicar and there fine with mods too

Comment

Hmm, waiting for a callback from Flux.
              Just did a quick search on gocompare which I know will be about £100 more than ringing the company directly and it wasnt looking too bad.

If I cancelled the current insurance and started a new one I should get a refund of the rest of the year with an admin fee taken out shouldnt I?

Gotta decide whether its worth doing or whether I should drive a standare car til November which seems like the boring option to me.

Edit: Flux came back with a grand for a 1.4 polo. with 3 yrs NCB
              Have to make a few calls
              Last edited by UKPaul; 03-30-2011, 07:11 AM. Reason: More detail
              Cheap insurance means no lows. Fail....

Comment

I'm with admiral, can't really fault them!
                Wouldn't ever use flux as they were so rude to me on the phone.

Tend to keep the mk1 on limited mileage classic policies but was thinking of switching it over to admiral multicar.

If you have to ask people on an internet forum what you should do to your car, you should just leave it alone.

Comment

I'm with Churchill at the moment...oh yes.

I want to change come renewal time, on the cliosport forum I read about a company that has unlimited mod policies as long as it stays below 200bhp.

Win!
                  SW|UK Static Audi TT y0!

Comment

Brentacre are fantastic.

Comment

I've been with Churchill ever since I started driving, they have always been really good tbh. They even insured me on the Clio 6 months before I should have been. Young ftl.
                      SW|UK Static Audi TT y0!

Comment

If you want to insure a car with mods, always make sure you choose an insurer that deals with mods as a given.

I went with Aviva simply because it was the cheapest for me on my 1.6 mk2 golf driver, but the cheap cost was overruled by the fact that I had to take my car to a garage to get written confirmation that my mods were fitted correctly. Basically alot of unneccessary & expensive hassle which I should have avoided.

Definatley hitting up Admiral/Elephant next renewal.

Comment

Im with amiral and they said if i take my back seats out they wont insure me anymore..
                          Btw they also have a modification policy of a maximum of 6!
                          But they are the cheapest i have found...

HIC and adiren flux are the same company.. Just like amiral and elephant...
                          How other half was with HIC and im going to move to be with them because they are specially created for modified cars and they enjoy working with people

Comment

Working...
                          X