E36:Front Sway Bar Clearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36:Front Sway Bar Clearance?

I told myself I'll try the stance thing out this summer. Got some sweet Fikse FM10s(17x9), slapped 215/40 and 235/40s on them. Not much stretch, but something.

Upon adjusting my fresh GC track/schools I realized that my front sway bar(UUC Sway Barbarian on non-m end links) is the lowest point of my car.

Right now, the car isn't close to being low enough to pull off the 215s up front and the sway bar is close enough to the ground to make the car almost undrivable.

I was wondering how others have dealt with the problem or if they have just removed the front sway bar all together. I'm also starting to wonder if the upgraded sway bars run lower than stock sway bars.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. <3

Sounds like UUC sway bars sit much lower than stock.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

I also have 215/40 tires with h&r coils all the way down, but still have about 0.5-1.0" fender gap (which I want to get rid of), so I'm not slammed at all, but I don't think I'll have enough safe clearance between the ground and my turner sway and x-brace, if I was able to lower my front the amount needed to eliminate the fender gap.

Comment

Originally posted by armorrig View Post
        I also have 215/40 tires with h&r coils all the way down, but still have about 0.5-1.0" fender gap (which I want to get rid of), so I'm not slammed at all, but I don't think I'll have enough safe clearance between the ground and my turner sway and x-brace, if I was able to lower my front the amount needed to eliminate the fender gap.
        Sounds like you don't have shortened struts. It sounds like I'm a little lower than you but I still have 1-1.5" to go on my GC track/schools.

Comment

Working...
        X