Noob Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Question

I've got some Raceland Coils and I've been reading about people putting in koni inserts. I've got koni yellows on my car already. How would I go about putting these koni's in my racelands, if possible.

Again, I'm extremely noobish when it comes to coils so take it easy.

im interested to see how you like them...

Comment

there is a gland nut that is holding the insert inside the body. if you have the koni inserts that have the threaded end where the bolt holds them to the body, then i'd imagine that you need to drill a small hole in the racelands, as you would with a stock strut. im working on a custom setup for these. i had some 1159 sport shocks laying around which are much shorter konis than what you have in the rear. im going to use that with some 650#/in springs i also had. although it prob would be better to run no higher than 500#/in springs on off the shelf valving, you have to remember that because of the location of the rear spring of an e36, the rear spring rate would be less than 650#/in. i havent played with the front yet, as i am trying to get ahold of some ground control inserts to see if they fit or if i have to mod the body. the front springs are 60mm id. since i have half the parts already, its worth doing this setup for my beater 325. im not dropping 1500 on a ground control setup for this car. i wouldnt bother doing this if i had to buy everything new but since i have alot of the parts already, i think i can get a decent setup to my liking for about 800 with what i have planned.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X