Split Collar Perch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Collar Perch?

Hey guys! Lookin at developing some coilover's for my car and I have been pointed in the direction of a 'Split Collar' for a lower spring perch. like found on the left side of these coilovers for the Ae86

This:

This obviously will work great for R&D allowing me to change and adjust things quite easily, my question though is on long term use. I wouldn't at first glance trust them to support the car.. being the skeptic that I am but If there are people running something like this out there and have been for a while I would love to hear about it!
    Originally posted by JC.
    'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

ive got some coil over sleeves with that same split perch design.

seems to be working fine for me . anyways my question is what exactly would the split perch make easier as far as removing or adjusting stuff? even if you removed the perch you still couldnt get the spring out without also unbolting more stuff either at the top or bottom right?

im not really sure why they are split.

Comment

They are split so you can assemble them on the shock, and clamp them down on the tube.
      - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

And it will help me because I am more at the mocking up stage than an actual suspension installation/adjustment/fine tuning stage.
        Originally posted by JC.
        'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
        X