Coilover Conversion Not Enough Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilover Conversion Not Enough Low

So I converted my Bilstien sport e36 struts on my 5 lug swapped e30 to coilovers with the Ground control kit. Problem is I dialed the coils all the way down but the struts are sitting on the internal bump stops.

Does anyone know how much other cheap alternatives there are to get lower? Ive gotten a quote on just the raceland fronts and im considering that.

I paid $450 for these shipped to my house and its got me no where =/
    (. Y .)

Extended top hats?

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

e30 coilovers do not go low. man im not sure what i could suggest besides finding a smaller strut that fits? sorry you ran into this predicament.

Comment

After market coilovers are the only way to go unless you shorten the housings when you go with the ground control conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
          After market coilovers are the only way to go unless you shorten the housings when you go with the ground control conversion.
          i have the ground control conversion also for my 91 celica and it actually raised my car i was pissed so now i have to shorten my strut to make it fit right
          e46 touring and love it!

Comment

Originally posted by stein92 View Post
            i have the ground control conversion also for my 91 celica and it actually raised my car i was pissed so now i have to shorten my strut to make it fit right
            shortened strut housings is the only way to get low on an e30
            Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by stein92 View Post
              did you cut the original spring perch off and weld a sleeve to the outside of the strut creating a mounting point for the threaded section of the GC?

Comment

This my car on a KW V1. Just barely half way down. I can lay it on it's frame if i wanted to.

Comment

The problem was I using stock strut bearings and ontop of that the IE crappy camber plates. Switching to Cosmo's with the built in bearing, should take care of my positive camber and get me more low
                  (. Y .)

Comment

Working...
                  X