No announcement yet.

Best mid level coilover for volvo s40?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mid level coilover for volvo s40?

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone here knew what the best mid range coilover would be for my 98 Volvo S40 T4 that is able to drop extremely low?

I know about K-Sport, KW, BC etc, but I'm wondering if there isn't something else out there that can really slam my car?

Hard to know since not common to try stance my car, most guys set up coilovers for track work etc not ultimate low

wonder if i shouldn't just go shortened dampers with compressed springs?

sorry if these are noob questions!
    Bone stock 2004 Audi A8

Have you looked into V-maxx? I have heard mix reviews but they may be worth looking into if they make some for s40s. I know they make them for the newer c30s and such.
    Originally posted by PoLonY View Post
    Hey guys, was wondering if anyone here knew what the best mid range coilover would be for my 98 Volvo S40 T4 that is able to drop extremely low?

I know about K-Sport, KW, BC etc, but I'm wondering if there isn't something else out there that can really slam my car?

Hard to know since not common to try stance my car, most guys set up coilovers for track work etc not ultimate low

wonder if i shouldn't just go shortened dampers with compressed springs?

sorry if these are noob questions!

Comment

hey polony
      I come from 30forty50 too!
      I bought some fk ak street coilovers for my phase 2 s40 (around $285 total)
      Im waiting for them to arrive.

I named my car Febreze, cuz it's fresh as fuck!

Comment

Hey Ivanfu, The fk coilovers are really that cheap? Only $285? Where you buy them from?

Comment

The fk street are the cheapest (the ones i got), but there's other types like the fk silverlines, fk highsport, and fk konigsport which are more expensive. But yeah it is true $285 total (shipping and exchange to euro included) if you buy them directly from them like me. I will post a thread once I receive them.

I named my car Febreze, cuz it's fresh as fuck!

Comment

I was a moderator on s40concepts.net back when Carlos owned the whole shabang. Now 30-40-50 has gone to pot.

Remember me?

FlickHer
            ^^Click ME!^^

Comment

damn thats cheap, pity the shipping to South Africa would kill the price for me!!

yeah 30-40-50 aint as nice as S40concepts was
              Bone stock 2004 Audi A8

Comment

I believe TA Technix makes them and would be in the middle to low range, otherwise bump up to D2's (which is what I have just because there aren't many options for my car) or you could move up to KW territory and spend some more money.

If you want TA Technix contact "Fischmama" on VolvoSpeed because he's a dealer for them here in the US and should be able to get them.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Working...
                X