Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension upgrade for 2011 Golf TDI

Hi,

I should take delivery on a new 2011 Golf TDI at the end of the month. I live in Montreal were roads are horrible. I travel around 30k/year and I drive my car all year long. I do some traveling in the snow and there are a lots of salt on our roads in the winter. I would like to upgrade the suspension of my car for something sportier that would improve driving as well as stance. But I dont want to go ground hugging low. I am also looking to upgrade the OEM wheels for 17" or 18" by Rotiform. I don't want to sacrifice to much riding comfort and I would like to have a trouble free durable suspension set up that is going to improve the all around performance of my car.

Any suggestion ??

Thanks !!!

I have FKs on my MKV right now and it rides good even slammed.

The konigsport coils which are height and dampening adjustable and use a koni shocks; since you drive on salted roads and through snow, i recommend the Silverline X version which is the same as the konigsports but just corrosion resistant.

FKs can give you a moderate drop (if you keep the helper springs in) or can totally dump your car if you want that in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Keathar View Post
      Hi,

I should take delivery on a new 2011 Golf TDI at the end of the month. I live in Montreal were roads are horrible. I travel around 30k/year and I drive my car all year long. I do some traveling in the snow and there are a lots of salt on our roads in the winter. I would like to upgrade the suspension of my car for something sportier that would improve driving as well as stance. But I dont want to go ground hugging low. I am also looking to upgrade the OEM wheels for 17" or 18" by Rotiform. I don't want to sacrifice to much riding comfort and I would like to have a trouble free durable suspension set up that is going to improve the all around performance of my car.

Any suggestion ??

Thanks !!!
      I'll be honest I've done it all springs, coils, even air, honestly nothing will ride as smooth as stock. I think the closest you'll get will be to go with a nice set of coils maybe some KW Variant 2's or maybe some bilstines.These companies tend to be a little bit pricer but the ride will not be as harsh.

Comment

Working...
      X