Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with some coilover stuff - should be basic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with some coilover stuff - should be basic.

car is a 99 v70r. i did a DIY coilover on the front.

components are
    Koni Dampers
    Afco Coilover springs
    Afco Adjusters
    QA1 9" 350lb Coilover spring
    and all new mounts and bearings for the top.

well i installed the coilovers, turned the konis up pretty much all the way, backed them off about 1/8 turn.

when i am riding on good streets the car is fine, however when i hit a bump it is nasty. it sounds like the shock is bottoming out, now my old bumpstops crumbled and i didn't reuse them. i am ordering some today.

the spring is only about 5 threads up from the bottom, thats where the adjustor is. am i missing something.

i feel so lost, but basically my car feels like its coming apart when i hit a bump
    My Build

that is the write up i used in case anyone wants to browse it for answers i may have missed.
    My Build

Comment

Have red all of that topic. The lack of info on lengths of bump stops used and the lengths of shocks used baffles me. Is it possible, that when low the car is riding on bump stops making it very bumpy? Because when I lowered my car, I had to cut some of the bump stop to eliminate the bumpy ride.
      I think my assumptions make sense since in some of the pics you can see that there is only like few inches of free shock. And later in the thread OP states that rising the car eliminated the bumpy ride. So...

Comment

raised the car up, eliminated some of the problems. some are still there. i think i need a stiffer spring and bumpstops.
        My Build

Comment

Originally posted by besthaticouldo View Post
          raised the car up, eliminated some of the problems. some are still there. i think i need a stiffer spring and bumpstops.
          Hope thats temporary Bump stops need to be shorter, not stiffer. So if yours are still in good shape you might just cut them in half or something? I've cut mine down to 1/3, on an audi tho.

Comment

Working...
          X