Hump Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hump Day

Your minds…the gutter…separate the two. It’s just the middle of the week, folks. It’s all downhill from here (in the good way).

Let's introduce this thread Top Gear-style:

Tonight!

Zach sticks his arms in dark places...
    A race car doesn't race...
    And pictures are taken from underneath things!

Service has been quite busy today, as they always are. Zach’s been hard at work on an E38’s suspension (shocks, ball joints, endlinks, all the fun stuff):

A little further down the way, Luci’s been just as busy as everybody else. And he should be, because he’s Superman, don’t forget. On top of installing a C63’s interior in what felt like record time, he managed to do a quick tint on a Jeep Cherokee’s headlights. After getting the windows tinted yesterday, this car’s going to be blocking plenty of ambient sunlight in the warmer season:

And now we move over to fabrication. The Spec Miata has finally migrated to its current home, the dyno. Obviously, we aren’t going to be detailing exactly how we’re prepping it for the season, nor will anybody (except the owner, Don) bear witness to the dyno charts, seeing as how those secrets need to remain that way for the competitive edge. But perhaps we can snag some quick video of the sound. After all, nothing beats the sound of a race car.*

Finally, we’ve finished work on the cutouts for Marilynn’s exhaust. They’re positioned up and inside the exhaust cavity (there’s no better way to say that), away from rocks and speed bumps. Video shall come later on, once we’ve finished this fever pace of preparation for Tuner Galleria. Which, by the way, you should all attend. Saturday, Rosemont Convention Center. Do it for the children.

*Except for a race car with a Fluid MotorUnion exhaust. But we don’t think the SCCA will let our exhaust on a Spec Miata “just because we are awesome.” We’re pretty sure we’ve tried that one before.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

lookin good!

btw I had to say that whole begging part in my Jeremy Clarkson voice

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
      btw I had to say that whole begging part in my Jeremy Clarkson voice
      That's pretty much how I came up with it. Jezza's voice doesn't leave my head very much, and once I say "Tonight!" it pretty much takes off from there.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Andge-pants, I can haz race spec exhaust?
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          Andge-pants, I can haz race spec exhaust?
          You're SO lucky I don't know how to fight upside-down. Or I would totally go Russel Crowe on your ass right now. See below for example (obviously turned right-side up for American viewers):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sYfD6Sz7bY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sYfD6Sz7bY[/ame]

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

pfft....

Come in me bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
              Come in me bro.
              waitwhat
              Originally posted by da3bous
              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by schroedin View Post
                waitwhat
                I believe it's a take on the Jersey Shore-esque "come at me, bro."

Except he took it in a direction that nobody could have predicted or prepared for.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by da3bous
                  I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Comment

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

what was used to tint the headlights?
                        Originally posted by Kielan
                        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Working...
                        X