Suspension Mod To Get Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Mod To Get Low

Hey everyone, I didn't see a thread like this so I figured why not make one. I didn't know if I should have put this topic in coilovers or ride control so sorry if this is the wrong forum.
    I know a lot of you guys don't have Honda's or care for them but that's what I own so these are some things I know to do to get low so it may not be similar to your car.

On with the topic

I know of taking out/off collars from sleeves, flipping the sleeve upside down or on top of the coil instead of having the coil rest on it, extending top hats (more for ride quality), Cutting strut towers for upper control arms, different forks or modding the forks that bolt to the lower control arm, and that's about it that I know. So everyone else post up ways/mods that you know or have done to get LOW!

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

in the mkiv dub area you have to notch your frame to go lower than liek 2.5" i think it is. plus u have to remove the front sway bar, or get endlinks, but removing it is cheaper :P also most have to get motor mount spacers cuz the engine already sits so low. once you start dropping the car the oil pan gets smacked around. that thing is made of aluminum and gets destroyed fast. ive gone thru two and im only on springs

Comment

Or you could get coilovers that go as low as you want. I do not know much about honda fitment though. VW has many companies to choose from.

You could also just go air. you can find some relatively simple and fairly cheap setups or buy it part by part
      "Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Comment

Comment

hahahaha

sawzall

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

No such thing as "relatively cheap air" unless your talking in terms of say... its relatively cheaper to bag your car then it is to buy a bagged car, in that case you would be correct.... any ways onto the topic...

You can shorten housings and put a sleeve style adjustable spring perch on some cars its one of the few feasable options.

Step or "Z" the control arms, old school method of cutting the arm welding in a piece perpindicular and connecting the other part of the arm to the upper portion.

Not common at all in this scene (but there is a guy that has done it to a MK3 I think) is a body drop.

thats all I can think of that hasn't been mentioned... coils, air, hydraulics, cut springs, lowering springs, dropped/extended tophats... ect...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
              No such thing as "relatively cheap air" unless your talking in terms of say... its relatively cheaper to bag your car then it is to buy a bagged car, in that case you would be correct.... any ways onto the topic...
              When i say relatively cheap, i mean using analog instead of digital or the bag over coils route. But yes, it is all relative because any way you do it has advantages and disadvantages.
              "Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Comment

The term "bag over coil" is totally incorrect. you dont put the bag over the coil. you replace the coil with the bag.

I think what youre looking for is "bag over strut".

The term "coilover" is short for "coil over strut"

your replace the coil with the strut.

therefore, "bag over strut" shortens to "bagover"

Comment

do believe the OP was not asking about the different methods of lowering, but instead inquiring as to the platform specific barriers. Anybody can slap on lowering springs but like in my first post, I in my mkiv golf have to notch my frame before I drop below 2.5"...OP correct me if I'm wrong but thats how I saw it...

Comment

well im a half inch of the ground and thats body... my mods include
                    -cut gc springs
                    -4 inch extended top hats
                    - 4 inch holes cut in my strut towers because my control arms rested on them
                    - raised motor 2 inches
                    - notched frame rails
                    - and not be afraid to rail some subframe or frame rail =D haha
                    HoodRatStatus
                    Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Yeah, I was just asking how some of you guy's have had to mod your cars or suspension components to get low. I wasn't really asking for help on it but just asking to see what everyone has had to do.

I was just curious to read what crazy things other people have had to do to get slammed.

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by trism View Post
                        The term "bag over coil" is totally incorrect. you dont put the bag over the coil. you replace the coil with the bag.

I think what youre looking for is "bag over strut".

The term "coilover" is short for "coil over strut"

your replace the coil with the strut.

therefore, "bag over strut" shortens to "bagover"
                        the term comes from people buying bags to put on their existing coilovers as you already know...but when you say strut a stock style one immediately comes to mind and when you say coilover a threaded strut with adjustable collars comes to mind. so thats why the term is bag over coil instead of bag over strut that would require more explanation of the strut style.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                        X