I Broke My Fender Roller (help!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Broke My Fender Roller (help!)

Hey I got my eastwood fender roller in the mail. Love it. The fronts were a breeze but the rear quarter panels on the E46 are like the thickest metal ever so I was having to use some elbow grease but no big deal. Until I broke something on my fender roller.

This thing came off. And some sort of pin that went through it broke.

Does it go on like this? I tried tightening it but it doesn't seem to want to go on, and I don't want to force it. This is about as far as I can get it by hand.

Or does it go on like this?

Here's the pin thing that broke.

What do?
    Need to rent a fender roller in Socal? PM me.

i have no idea about fender rollers but your castle nut is upside down and you are going to need a new cotter pin

Comment

lol

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20, but you should have shave a little bit off the rears before rolling. Try looking here maybe? http://www.eastwood.com/images/pdf/31158Q.pdf
        00 Lexus GS300 | 05 Acura TL

Comment

Honestly, I think the baseball bat method works great. As long as you use a heat gun and go slowly, it works better than the eastwood roller...

Sorry, I know that's not what you were asking.. but in case you wanted to try the quick fix to rolling fenders instead of fixing your eastwood... that's my opinion.
          A semi-ladylike book featuring my face.

S/W changed my life.

Comment

All thread probably stripped too. Call up Wastwood to have then fix it. Should be a warranty.

Comment

yeah, should be a warranty case boss

Comment

Wow, little much force 'eh? My roller has rolled lots of cars and never had any issues, are you trying to do it all in one pass or something?

Comment

I did the exact same thing to mine. I just found a different nut and chewed new threads into it.

Comment

should have gotten a PBM roller
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

PBM roller eats cotter pins too.

Just use less pressure, more heat, and more passes in the future.

Comment

Nothing to do with pressure I don't think- it's rolling past the roller's range. To roll my fenders I had to stack two 1" spacers.
                        My roller is warped in all sorts of directions now though.

Comment

Working...
                        X