Some pictures of a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pictures of a friend

I did a photoshoot of my friend today. Starting to work on my photography skills again. All photographs were taken with a Nikon D40. Comments and criticism please.

Good pictures. Facial expressions could use some work
    Originally posted by da3bous
    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

tan lines not very flattery
      good shots tho

Comment

Pic 3 she looks like she is smiling, yet frowning.

Real crits would be to watch the shadows when using the flash and to try to find a model who compliments your shots as much as you are trying to compliment her beauty.

Comment

A few things that I thought could use some work were,

I think that if she would have worn a dress that was a solid color it would be a little less distracting and it would have defined her surroundings a little better, I really like the location though.

Throughout the pics (this is kind of a post processing comment) but I think it would be nice to increase the saturation of the flowers and their stems (magentas and yellows) to make the images pop a little better

Pics 1,2,3,4 and 6... I think maybe if you would have brought a step stool, or something that would have made you viewpoint a little higher than your subjects would help you to not have distracting items in the background ex. pic 3, the road goes right though her head... or some of the others have power lines etc. as for these pics maybe try to desaturate those things and use the burn tool to darken them a bit so that the eye isn’t attracted to it...

another post processing comment, and as much as I’m not a fan a lot of times to using the clone tool or heal brush, but I think I would probably take out some of her skin flaws, specifically the scar on her chest.

that’s all that I really see right now other then maybe they could all use a little sharpening, I do like the model you chose she seems to be really energetic and a fun person and I think that the poses will just come in time after some practice.

You are off to a great start please share again!

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'm doing another photoshoot pretty soon for another one of my friends I'll keep everything you guys said in mind when doing the next one.

Comment

Working...
            X