Bump Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump Stops

Ok so on the subject of bump stops... I'll be honest, I am rather clueless.

The bump stops that came on my front shocks were binding with the coil and also sliding down the shock sometimes, it was very annoying and so I took them off entirely.

I remember BreakMyWallet making a thread about bump stops on E46 Fanatics where he said that bump stops can be used to alleviate rubbing.

Cliffnotes: If I add bumpstops, will I rub less?
    Need to rent a fender roller in Socal? PM me.

Bumpstops just stop the valving from bottoming out. Most have internal valving bumpstops inside the actual shock, but they also put on another one on the exterior. The reason it would only rub less is because the shock doesn't have as much travel with it on then without. You'd bounce more with it in if you constantly just hit the outside bumpstop when compressing.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
    Originally posted by Jedidiah
    he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

how will you know if the bumpstops need to be changed btw?

Comment

Originally posted by private_numero View Post
        how will you know if the bumpstops need to be changed btw?

changed? thats only if they are dry rotted and falling apart. if you are asking how do you know if you need to trim it, then you need to fully load the suspension while the car is raised so you can get under there and take a look if the car is sitting on the bumpstops.
        Originally posted by Kielan
        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Cheers for that bro. And the lifespan of your bumpstops are reduce when you dump your car yeah? Reason why i ask this is i been getting a squeaking noise in the rear left of my car. Some one told me it could be that my bumpstops are fucked. It only happens when the road is not even

Comment

Working...
          X