E46 Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 Suspension

I'm looking for some good coils for my E46. What do you guys have and how do you like them?

racelands
    lol
    -Jorge-

Comment

Originally posted by 00bmw323 View Post
      racelands
      lol
      Does their price match their quality?

Comment

Isn't that always the case.

BC coilovers can be had for around $1000 and are excellent for the money.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

will be selling two sets...

bilstein pss9's, super nice ride even on the stiffest setting, has for 20k miles
          pretty low but not to the ground.

fk sport edition plus, again nice ride but definitely moar stiff and way moar low, has for less than 1000 miles.

liked both, but fk's better for lower ride height.

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Isn't that always the case.

BC coilovers can be had for around $1000 and are excellent for the money.
            I was leaning towards BC. How much low can I get outta them and how do they ride?

Comment

I've never ridden in an E46 with them, but they go pretty damn low, and they ride very very well.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

^ Coming from someone who rides on what coils? You haven't ridden with BC in an e46 but you know they ride very very well? I know you spend a lot of time on the internet but your 'knowledge' without proof of personal experience is getting very very...old.

Basically OP quality gets better with price, get what you pay for etc. Look at your budget/future budget and choose accordingly... My experience is cheap coils go low and don't ride as well, mid range coils don't go that low while they ride better and more expensive one's go low and ride even better...but Zero Clearance coils do the lot
                Last edited by Anonymoose; 02-16-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                  ^ Coming from someone who rides on what coils? You haven't ridden with BC in an e46 but you know they ride very very well? I know you spend a lot of time on the internet but your 'knowledge' without proof of personal experience is getting very very...old.

Basically OP quality gets better with price, get what you pay for etc. Look at your budget/future budget and choose accordingly... My experience is cheap coils go low and don't ride as well, mid range coils don't go that low while they ride better and more expensive one's go low and ride even better...but Zero Clearance coils do the lot
                  Can you read? I haven't ridden in an E46 with them.. When does that say I haven't ridden in a car with them? Been in multiple VWs with them, they ride very well (from a passengers view point), and for the price they really can't be beat. Obviously you get what you pay for, and the more you pay the more quality/performance there is.

If you have a problem with me PM me about it, don't do it here. I don't just sit here and talk out my ass thanks, I don't know how I would "prove" to you that I have ridden in cars with BCs in them either.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I don't really care, I'm saying it's getting old

Comment

I don't get what is getting old here. Just because I personally don't have a car with BC coilovers, but have ridden in multiple cars with them makes my opinion not valid? When you call a place that sells multiple brands of coilovers, do you except the person you are talking to, to have ridden on every coilover application they have? No. I was trying to be helpful... I guess thats not accepted anymore. I don't bullshit about what I know and don't know. I don't go around saying I know everything, I rarely even post outside of OT now, because of people like you who say "oh he doesn't know anything because he doesn't have a fitted car..."
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

drama kie!

i dunno, but pss9's go for up to 1700 and the fk's could be gotten for $799 and the difference is minimal if you want low..

on a track maybe there's big differences..but if you drive your car daily, then "most" likely you won't be hitting the track.

Comment

I didn't say you don't know anything, sorry if I upset you.

*Your suspension and car + Your comments about proper parts and how a car should be done in every thread = my comment

I'll keep my fingers to myself next time. Sorry again.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                            I didn't say you don't know anything, sorry if I upset you.

*Your suspension and car + Your comments about proper parts and how a car should be done in every thread = my comment

I'll keep my fingers to myself next time. Sorry again.
                            you punked out! you must be intimidated by kie's post count!

but i see your still puttin a dig in...

hey everyone! fight, fight !

Comment

I would love to know where you got that I tell everyone how their car should look... I occasionally say what I think would look good. But I'm pretty sure everyone else on the boards does that as well...
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                              X