Color profile woes :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color profile woes :(

I have a 24" iMac (high gloss display), Macbook White (matte display), and a Dell XPS M1330.

I have learned that none of the color profiles are the same, or 'correct' (?), and i have issues between applications aside from hardware

the for instance, this image in photoshop in the macbook looks exactly how i want it to:

but when i went to the image on my imac in firefox, it looked wayyy too dark, but colors were very similar, i saved the image to my desktop to bring the brightness up a little bit, but side by side from firefox to photoshop on the same imac display the images look a lot different, the photoshop one is much lighter

so i made this image:

to compensate for the brightness/contrast differences from the imac to macbook, and the firefox differences on the imac

but now i have two images, neither of them look right on both macbook and imac.. i don't even want to get into how blue the xps display is...
    Fuck your rusted, sticker bombed, piece of shit car.

How are you saving your images? If you want the color to be more accurate, don't use the "save for web" feature. Just save normally as a .jpg and un-check the "Embed Adobe RGB 1998 Profile" or whatever that checkbox says.
    Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
      How are you saving your images? If you want the color to be more accurate, don't use the "save for web" feature. Just save normally as a .jpg and un-check the "Embed Adobe RGB 1998 Profile" or whatever that checkbox says.
      i don't do that, but i also am wondering whats going on with my display color schemes, the imac and macbook share the SAME one yet vary so much by program and such

thanks for that tip though, will be sure to start doing that

Comment

I dunno man, but I had the same issue with my old Compaq computer. I'd be working on it in Photoshop and colors look crisp and nice. I save it, it looks like shit. Never figured it out. Glad to report that all is well on the lappy.

Comment

have you calibrated your monitors?

Comment

Originally posted by mad325is View Post
            have you calibrated your monitors?
            no?

Comment

Working...
            X